Man of Steel - Trailer #3 .

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  05 May 2013
The new trailer, and it looks damn amazing

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/video/ma...-125900500.html
 
  05 May 2013
Looks intense. Too bad Snyder can't direct his way out of a paper bag. I'll be shocked if it gets over 50% on Rotten Tomatoes.
__________________
www.artbot.com

 
  05 May 2013
Originally Posted by Artbot: Looks intense. Too bad Snyder can't direct his way out of a paper bag. I'll be shocked if it gets over 50% on Rotten Tomatoes.


The only awful movie ive seen of zynders is sucker punch, other than that all his other movies have been class. Watchmen was class, while it wasnt a typical superhero action everywhere movie, it was damn good.
 
  05 May 2013
Sucker Punch was like opening a little Being John Malkovich style doorway into Zack's head, in the absolute worst way possible. He had total freedom and it was one of the most awful things ever put on screen.

I am trying to keep that out of my equation for this though, because it's not his script, and there's a good producing team and DC/WB have too much riding on it to let Snyder indulge his crappier impulses.

And yeah, track record wise, he has actually made more movies I liked than ones I didn't. Dawn, Watchmen, etc. all pretty well rated for me. But oh, that one..whew.

Anyway, have said similar before, I still have a ton of S (Hope) for this movie based on everything so far.
 
  05 May 2013
I disagree, Sucker Punch was okish!

Dont know what everyone else expected, but the movie was delivering exactcly what i was expecting as the flic was just supposed to deliver: MTV/popcorn entertainment without some deeper entitlement or world changing thoughts. Granted were just some tasty young girlies, violence and good visuals, nothing more. Zack succeeded and brought exactly this..

For me, Watchmen was the best "new age" Super-Hero adaptions i've seen till yet which achieved to serve (beside young ppls) also grown-up comic fans.

I never liked Superman. Boring at all. And i hate his bagman haircut since i know him.
Even Zack didn't had the balls to touch his freakin final haircut now it seems..

But i will go to the cinema and watch Superman just because of Zack Snyder.
I would stay at home for sure if Nolan would be the responsible..
 
  05 May 2013
This looks terrific.

The design looks very classy and the superman symbol revamp is top.
The only negative thing for me it that: "I have a gun to your wife's head, if you dont give me a million dollars you will be responsible for her death." thing, yuk. I guess they have to do this with the plot but, ug not again.

Thanks for the link, that is some eye candy!
__________________
The terminal velocity of individual particles is directly related to pink rabbits on a bank holiday.
Characters, Games, Toys
 
  05 May 2013
Originally Posted by mitcoz: The new trailer, and it looks damn amazing

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/video/ma...-125900500.html

Wasn't really pumped about this movie until this trailer.

The story seems to have the original Superman movie feel to it and it looks like they might try to avoid some superhero movie cliches. In any case the production quality looks sweet, definitely a "go to movie theater" movie.
 
  05 May 2013
Originally Posted by Bjur: Granted were just some tasty young girlies, violence and good visuals, nothing more. Zack succeeded and brought exactly this..


The problem was that Suckerpunch was clearly TRYING to have a much deeper meaning behind it (hiding from violence, lobotomies, escape to the mind, etc), but he isnt a skilled enough director to bring those elements to the fore-so the movie was just muddy. Seriously, explain the story of Suckerpunch in 3 sentences.
Honestly, those small pieces are what I enjoyed the most, not the 'tasty young girlies' (it actually makes me cringe to type that), violence, and visuals.

Originally Posted by Bjur: But i will go to the cinema and watch Superman just because of Zack Snyder.
I would stay at home for sure if Nolan would be the responsible..


 
  05 May 2013
Originally Posted by Pyke: The problem was that Suckerpunch was clearly TRYING to have a much deeper meaning behind it (hiding from violence, lobotomies, escape to the mind, etc), but he isnt a skilled enough director to bring those elements to the fore-so the movie was just muddy. Seriously, explain the story of Suckerpunch in 3 sentences.
Honestly, those small pieces are what I enjoyed the most, not the 'tasty young girlies' (it actually makes me cringe to type that), violence, and visuals.



I can describe Sucker Punch in just one sentence: A sexy damsel in distress tries to flee via imaginations, lots of things get killed, explode and lookig sexy during this time..

If you rly believed this flic would definitely deliver needed messages or intelligent answeres to something serious out there (according to official statements) via using tasty young gierlies which fighting deamons and other outworld entitys, it isn't my fault Pyke. But i dont know official words or comments back then. I stopped to listen to those X years ago.

Skill wise, Snyder (and no, im not a total fanboy) was at least able to direct "Watchmen", which was deeper and more character driven than all "Batmans" together (in just one movie).

But thats just my personal point of view.

Last edited by Bjur : 05 May 2013 at 08:49 AM.
 
  05 May 2013
As I said, I really enjoyed Watchmen. But HATED (hated hated hated ala Ebert) Sucker Punch. Not to rant, but..

The problem for me wasn't the visuals, which were neat and all, but that the setup of the movie made them absolutely meaningless.

The conceit of it all being in her mind meant that there was no actual jeopardy in any of the fantasy scenes. The only way they could be hurt was from the outside "real world".

So, instantly the fantasy scenes became infinitely boring to me, because they breezed through enemies and never got touched. It was like looking over someone's shoulder playing a video game, but on easy mode.

At least in The Matrix, even the cartoonish Burly Brawl, Neo broke a sweat and had some difficulties. Hell, even in most of the anime he was referencing or cribbing from, there is SOME difficulty, even when super capable people mow down hundreds of opponents. In Sucker Punch they just yawned and smirked through it like it was nothing, and so it was nothing. That's what killed it for me personally.

The rest of the bizarrely sexist stuff about the layers of fantasy on top of the mental institution and the brothel etc. were just his weird fever dream, I could deal with that, but taking the bite out of the supposedly interesting scenes just made the whole movie fall flat for me. Hot girls were in a bomber having a dogfight with a dragon and machine guns and I was checking my watch. That should never happen.

Also by the time they got to the train sequence and he did the virtual camera flythrough of the robots that never seemed to end, I was even over the visuals. Sort of how the last 90 mins of Transformers 3 was an overload of spectacle, it just stops working after a certain saturation point.

Rant off..I hope that doesn't happen with this movie, but I don't think it will, because from what's shown, the combat looks rough and the choreography very well weighted, the destruction epic, and everything solid and dangerous. The emotional core seems to be there as well, though that could end up a little heavy handed, but it's better than being completely insubstantial.
 
  05 May 2013
Conflict management? ^

Matrix? Dont open old wounds m8!

I bet Superman will be good entertainment - even i hate his haircut..

Last edited by Bjur : 05 May 2013 at 11:48 AM.
 
  05 May 2013
Originally Posted by hypercube: As I said, I really enjoyed Watchmen. But HATED (hated hated hated ala Ebert) Sucker Punch. Not to rant, but..

The problem for me wasn't the visuals, which were neat and all, but that the setup of the movie made them absolutely meaningless.

The conceit of it all being in her mind meant that there was no actual jeopardy in any of the fantasy scenes. The only way they could be hurt was from the outside "real world".

So, instantly the fantasy scenes became infinitely boring to me, because they breezed through enemies and never got touched. It was like looking over someone's shoulder playing a video game, but on easy mode.

At least in The Matrix, even the cartoonish Burly Brawl, Neo broke a sweat and had some difficulties. Hell, even in most of the anime he was referencing or cribbing from, there is SOME difficulty, even when super capable people mow down hundreds of opponents. In Sucker Punch they just yawned and smirked through it like it was nothing, and so it was nothing. That's what killed it for me personally.

The rest of the bizarrely sexist stuff about the layers of fantasy on top of the mental institution and the brothel etc. were just his weird fever dream, I could deal with that, but taking the bite out of the supposedly interesting scenes just made the whole movie fall flat for me. Hot girls were in a bomber having a dogfight with a dragon and machine guns and I was checking my watch. That should never happen.

Also by the time they got to the train sequence and he did the virtual camera flythrough of the robots that never seemed to end, I was even over the visuals. Sort of how the last 90 mins of Transformers 3 was an overload of spectacle, it just stops working after a certain saturation point.

Rant off..I hope that doesn't happen with this movie, but I don't think it will, because from what's shown, the combat looks rough and the choreography very well weighted, the destruction epic, and everything solid and dangerous. The emotional core seems to be there as well, though that could end up a little heavy handed, but it's better than being completely insubstantial.


I have to agree. After the first fantasy, when the second one came up, I was bored to tears. I actually thought about getting up and walking out because it was all just so boring. No engagement with the audience, the story was so thin that it was almost non-existent. I didn't walk out because I went to see it with someone and they were all excited about it (and I quote "Because of da gurls"). I didn't want to make them feel bad. Yeah, that movie sucked. That movie would be something I would maybe watch on TNT on a really rainy Saturday when something else wasn't on and even then, there is always something on. Zack knows he's wrong for that one.
 
  05 May 2013
Originally Posted by Bjur: I can describe Sucker Punch in just one sentence: A sexy damsel in distress tries to flee via imaginations, lots of things get killed, explode and lookig sexy during this time..


The fact that that's what you took from the film shows just how it was a failure.
 
  05 May 2013
Does anyone know if the music in the trailer is likely to be the score from the film? its very good. Its not in the same league as the original Sup score, but on repeated viewing its definitely good...


EDIT: Yes, it seems to be:

http://www.slashfilm.com/listen-to-...-steel-trailer/
__________________
www.weliketomakethings.com

Last edited by thethule : 05 May 2013 at 02:41 PM.
 
  05 May 2013
I LOVED Watchman and HATED Sucker Punch (the only thing good I get from watching the movie was the song White Rabbit).

Since I also LOVED 300, I guess I need to watch this movie. I really hope they add Annete O'Toole as a special appearance somewhere... (my favourite actress from Smallville!). Although by now it was too late and I never heard any news regarding actors/actress from Smallville getting a minor role or anything.

Superman for the world!
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.