Man of Steel - Trailer #3 .

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2013   #46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke
I also would be much happier if Williams wasn't involved in Star Wars...I would love to hear what another composer, like Steve Jablonsky, could do with it.

Them is fighting words for my six year old who is a *HUGE* fan of the Imperial March. Made my wife itune it and he sings it too himself *all* the time. So do his friends.
He hasn't seen Superman yet...but that one is hard to beat by golly!

Old 05 May 2013   #47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grrrrrrr
Well, it's irrational to be hung on something old without seeing something new. But it's in the human nature.

Agreed.

Old 05 May 2013   #48
Whatever music is in the movie, they have bigger problems to explain.

Old 05 May 2013   #49
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethule
Meh, i disagree...but id be happy to be proven wrong. I Just cant imagine seeing a Superman film without it...

Would they put the new soundtrack in the trailer? I didn't think they did that, they tend to use music already released..

Because they have an awesome composer, and they wanted the trailer to sound unique?

This really is a silly argument. This isn't the original superman. It's not in the same universe (as superman returns was). The theme should be very different-just as the Batman theme from the Burton films wasn't anywhere near the Noland films.

Music is MASSIVELY important in film, and says a great deal about the world, If they used the original theme, they would be linking the 2 separate universes...they don't want to do that. They tried with Returns and it flopped.

Old 05 May 2013   #50
Ha super beard. I remember there was a Superman story where he was exposed to red kryptonite or something and had a grizzly adams look. It took the combined heat vision of Supergirl and Krypto to give him a shave and a haircut.

Old 05 May 2013   #51
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelgy
Ha super beard. I remember there was a Superman story where he was exposed to red kryptonite or something and had a grizzly adams look. It took the combined heat vision of Supergirl and Krypto to give him a shave and a haircut.

"Gee, Conan... What if you know.. Superman was just trying to HIDE from people? So he started using a REMOVABLE BEARD? Like.. you know.. a FAKE beard?"

Old 05 May 2013   #52

portfolio - www.shaidacher.com
Vimeo - vimeo.com/deroesi

game project - moldgame.wordpress.com

WIPs - theremoteguy.tumblr.com

Old 05 May 2013   #53
New "Zod Threatens Earth" trailer - Similar to the YOU ARE NOT ALONE spot from before, but with lots and lots of new footage.

***BE WARNED - This is kind of the point before a movie's release where all the trailers start spoiling surprises and showing too much. I wish I hadn't watched this one actually.

But that said, if you're the type of person who doesn't mind or who has short term memory loss, enjoy!

http://youtu.be/NlOF03DUoWc

Old 05 May 2013   #54
Wow.

I did not think they could make me care about a superman movie. Never liked movies about god.

But this looks epic.

Bring it.

Old 05 May 2013   #55
Ah the Conan video killed me! That brightened my day. That is without a doubt the core of every movie thread I have ever seen on the web. The genius 'subscribe to my channel' line had me in fits.

Well done Conan.

Old 05 May 2013   #56
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercube
New "Zod Threatens Earth" trailer - Similar to the YOU ARE NOT ALONE spot from before, but with lots and lots of new footage.

***BE WARNED - This is kind of the point before a movie's release where all the trailers start spoiling surprises and showing too much. I wish I hadn't watched this one actually.

But that said, if you're the type of person who doesn't mind or who has short term memory loss, enjoy!

http://youtu.be/NlOF03DUoWc

Yeah, I wish I didn't watch this one too. I think it did not deliver as much as the last one. Why try and push it when you are already there: you have a hyped crowd.

Old 05 May 2013   #57
super

Usually I'm hard to impress by Hollywood blockbuster fast-cut trailers that show you all the best moments and never show you the boring parts in between so that when you watch a movie, you kinda know everything already.... But this one, I loved it, I think that it was the AMAZING score and the visual style, that really got me.. oh, boy, Zack, don't disappoint me

Old 05 May 2013   #58
A bit over the top isnt it?

Old 05 May 2013   #59
Conan was funny and on that note...how does he get a hair cut?

Old 05 May 2013   #60
I figured it out. Fingernails like Will Smith in Hancock

Thread Closed share thread