Man of Steel - Trailer #3 .

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #31
Not the origin story again - yawn,

I'll give it a miss as I've seen this story several times before.

Looks good for explosions and whispery dialog tho.

Old 04 April 2013   #32
Originally Posted by hypercube: ...I do hope some brightness is allowed back in these movies at some point again though, and some de-greasing..after Iron Man 3, Trek, Superman, Oblivion, etc. I will be happy when a scifi tentpole movie comes out that doesn't look like it was shot in an active volcano.

Haha! I totally agree!

Old 05 May 2013   #33
This seems as good a place as any -

UK TV spot #4 - new/different footage.

I keep trying to keep my expectations and anticipation in check for this movie, but then

ZOD HEAT VISION

http://youtu.be/4LcpERalJ50

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/video/ma...-152848969.html

Only up to semi-720p at the moment.

Old 05 May 2013   #34
Super Yawn!!

They can't do it.They can't create a original story. They continue to do the same story with just different characters and effects. Nothing new, here kids. Go back to your rooms.

Why don't they do the death of Superman? That was kinda of good, in a good ole 90's style or something, anything but the origin story. Dang! Don't you guys get tired of that?

Old 05 May 2013   #35
Originally Posted by doubledex: They can't do it.They can't create a original story. They continue to do the same story with just different characters and effects. Nothing new, here kids. Go back to your rooms.

Why don't they do the death of Superman? That was kinda of good, in a good ole 90's style or something, anything but the origin story. Dang! Don't you guys get tired of that?

I beg to differ. Superman has never been represented on screen in a way that really shows the character from the comics, especially the character from the last 20 years or so. Which is what I'm hoping this will be.

Old 05 May 2013   #36
This is definitely the only Superman ...

I have been absolutely happy with the production of this movie. I am all too excited to see what happens with the com-positing and stuff. Aside from Iron Man 3 this year this is the highlight.

Old 05 May 2013   #37
I think it looks great, but i really really hope they use the original music at in the opening credits..it just wont be Superman without it. My wife and i went to watch the London Philharmonic play movie tunes at the Albert Hall last year and the Superman theme was by FAR the best. Far better than Star Wars or anything else.

Old 05 May 2013   #38
Originally Posted by thethule: I think it looks great, but i really really hope they use the original music at in the opening credits..it just wont be Superman without it. My wife and i went to watch the London Philharmonic play movie tunes at the Albert Hall last year and the Superman theme was by FAR the best. Far better than Star Wars or anything else.

I think I'll up that ante and say: "If they ever plan to use the Superman theme it should be at the proverbial 45th minute - or basically when Clark Kent becomes Superman-in-costume for the first time."

The other place should be the end credits.

But not before that.

Old 05 May 2013   #39
No John Williams in Man of Steel -

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/05/showb...er-man-of-steel

Originally Posted by Hans Zimmer:
Zimmer said he came to this understanding about director Zack Snyder's take on Superman (which reboots the series, instead of coming in at a later point a la "Superman Returns") because he was questioning how he would score the film and not remind audiences of John Williams' iconic fanfare theme. "Look, that was daunting," Zimmer confessed. "Seriously. He's the greatest film composer out there, without a doubt, and it happens to be one of his iconic pieces of music, so I spent three months just procrastinating and not even getting a start on the thing, because I was so intimidated: 'Oh my God, I'm following in John Williams' footsteps.'"

I think there will be winks and nods but Snyder was also quoted somewhere else as saying they wanted specifically not to do the Donner/Reeves versions all over again, which was a big part of the flaws in Superman Returns for me, the homage was great, but it just kept reminding you that you weren't watching the other movie.

Old 05 May 2013   #40
Originally Posted by hypercube: No John Williams in Man of Steel -

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/05/showb...er-man-of-steel

I think there will be winks and nods but Snyder was also quoted somewhere else as saying they wanted specifically not to do the Donner/Reeves versions all over again, which was a big part of the flaws in Superman Returns for me, the homage was great, but it just kept reminding you that you weren't watching the other movie.

Well, that f**king sucks.

Old 05 May 2013   #41
Im happy John Williams isn't coming back-the entire Superman license needs this new direction.

I also would be much happier if Williams wasn't involved in Star Wars...I would love to hear what another composer, like Steve Jablonsky, could do with it.

Old 05 May 2013   #42
Originally Posted by Pyke: Im happy John Williams isn't coming back-the entire Superman license needs this new direction.

I also would be much happier if Williams wasn't involved in Star Wars...I would love to hear what another composer, like Steve Jablonsky, could do with it.

For me, the music was the one thing that doesn't need changing. Its absolutely perfect...but oh well

Old 05 May 2013   #43
Originally Posted by thethule: For me, the music was the one thing that doesn't need changing. Its absolutely perfect...but oh well

It was perfect...for the old Superman. This isn't the old Superman, its the new one. Hearing the old Superman theme would just be a reminder that its not the original film and universe...

From the trailer music, it sounds like the OST is going to be awesome.

Old 05 May 2013   #44
Originally Posted by Pyke: It was perfect...for the old Superman. This isn't the old Superman, its the new one. Hearing the old Superman theme would just be a reminder that its not the original film and universe...

From the trailer music, it sounds like the OST is going to be awesome.

Meh, i disagree...but id be happy to be proven wrong. I Just cant imagine seeing a Superman film without it...

Would they put the new soundtrack in the trailer? I didn't think they did that, they tend to use music already released..

Old 05 May 2013   #45
Originally Posted by thethule: Meh, i disagree...but id be happy to be proven wrong. I Just cant imagine seeing a Superman film without it...

Would they put the new soundtrack in the trailer? I didn't think they did that, they tend to use music already released..

Well, it's irrational to be hung on something old without seeing something new. But it's in the human nature.

Thread Closed share thread