Star Wars: RECLAMATION series

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #1
Star Wars: RECLAMATION series

http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/4/1...n=zergnet_55024

Grain of salt, perhaps?
Quote: As you know, Lucasfilm and Disney recently pulled the plug on Star Wars: The Clone Wars and a few other Star Wars related series and video games. They said they were going to replace Clone Wars with a new series, and it looks like we have our first look at what that new series will be, and I love it!

The first few pages of a story and character bible for a new series called Star Wars: Reclamation were posted on IMDB that not only give us some details on what the series will be about but they also offer clues to what we might end up seeing in Star Wars: Episode VII!

The story takes place fifteen years after Return of the Jedi - and from what it sounds like, fifteen years or so before Episode VII. As the series bible says, this is supposed to be "an all-new story designed to introduce the audience to themes and characters pivotal to Episode VII and beyond."

Of course, there's always the possibility that this could be a hoax, but it still sounds like it could be pretty damn cool!

They even have pages shown.
I dunno... nothing is impossible tho.

Old 04 April 2013   #2
I like the idea, but don't like this "Army of Billions Waiting in Darkness" thing.

A key element of the imagery of ORIGINAL TRILOGY was about the SCARCITY OF JEDI POWERED BEINGS.

So to stick to it means that you have to really wait... maybe every 3 or 4 episodes for ONE Lightsaber duel.... and the discovery of a Sith Lord should be a "main event".. built up from many many episodes, conspiracy theories, etc.

Think of how Obi-Wan stayed under the radar while living in a cave... after Return of the Jedi the balance has shifted... it's the Sith's turn to hide in caves and whisper in secret.

They can't be "an Army of Billions Waiting in Darkness"... Because that would be preposterous... What were they doing while Palpatine got himself killed in Ep. 6?

Old 04 April 2013   #3
Some things I don't like about this. At the end of Return of the Jedi, there was one jedi and zero sith. Where are all these new jedi characters coming from? I can understand that the Galaxy is a big place and so it is possible, like the script says, that some could have survived the purge, or hidden as Obi-Wan and Yoda did, but it kind of takes away from the whole "return".

I am guessing "The Shade" is Luke Skywalker.
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

Old 04 April 2013   #4
Originally Posted by teruchan: Some things I don't like about this. At the end of Return of the Jedi, there was one jedi and zero sith. Where are all these new jedi characters coming from? I can understand that the Galaxy is a big place and so it is possible, like the script says, that some could have survived the purge, or hidden as Obi-Wan and Yoda did, but it kind of takes away from the whole "return".

I am guessing "The Shade" is Luke Skywalker.

it's Supply and Demand... The guys who write this stuff have forgotten it. Being able to use a Lightsaber used to be "special in print" because that's what the lines said.. and "special in images" because you RARELY saw it happen.

Today it's just "special in print" and no longer "special in images" because they SPAM you with laser colored lightsticks!

They are past the equilibrium point... there is too much Supply of "Force Users" that exceeds the story's proper Demand.

And that's where all these preposterous things like "Army of Billions waiting in Darkness" comes from... a mistaken notion that what people want is MORE light sticks.

There is already too many.

P.S.: No.. I'm not asking for LESS VFX... In fact.. they can INCREASE BLASTER USAGE and INCREASE STARSHIP USAGE....everything else.. just not the Lightsabers!

Old 04 April 2013   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread