Does Anyone Have a 3D Model of a Woman With Normal Body Proportions?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04 April 2013   #31
Originally Posted by CB_3D: Aww come on, Marco, we have better bods than that over here, LOL.

WAYYY better! Portuguese women are very elegant.

(yes yes i have to change my location



I don't think theres anything wrong with that "body" to be honest, quite the contrary and if by elegant you say "bag's of bones" like majority of Top Models... ill pass

Also said that it's the average, and of course there are taller/ slimmer ones and short/"chubby" others.

Portuguese women are actually shorter compared to the other European women, in fact theres a Portuguese saying that the Portuguese woman is wanted short like the sardines (sardines are considered a delicacy in Portugal) but not all Portuguese woman are 1.50-1.60 meters.

Brazilian women are defined usually by having small breast's and bigger buts but not all Brazilian women are like that, same that not all Swedish/German women are 2 meters tall and have huge breasts

Sometime ago DOVE was making some commercials with REAL women instead of those Photoshoped "tooth picks" and I though they were being extraordinary instead of continue to make women trying to achieve the impossible:





Because of the all the fake Women shown in fashion and beauty adds people are starting to believe that those fake things are what represent how a Woman should look like when in fact big majority if not all of those Models even don't look so "elegant" in real life.
__________________
- Sil3 -
My Flickr
 
Old 04 April 2013   #32
Makehuman can very easily be tweaked to a variety of body types and ages.

Ive always found it such a double standard that its ok to call models and skinny girls 'tooth picks', and other various derogatory names, but if you comment on someone thats overweight its suddenly insulting and taboo. I dated a girl who was naturally skinny, and the shit that she put up with, and sly side comments that she received sometimes was maddening. Bigotry works both ways people.
 
Old 04 April 2013   #33
The Dove bodies are far more attractive to me, but that's just a preference. As for Daz bodies, they seem better suited to models like the Victoria's Secret ad. It might be said that, yes, you can alter proportions on them, lower the hips and give them shorter legs, etc., but then none of the myriad of costumes made for them will work.
__________________
Terrence Walker
Studio ArtFX
Learn How to Make Your Own Animated Projects!
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!
 
Old 04 April 2013   #34
Originally Posted by Pyke: I dated a girl who was naturally skinny, and the shit that she put up with, and sly side comments that she received sometimes was maddening.


Trust me I know the feeling... I was very skinny in my early teen years... my school colleagues nick named me skeleton. Now on contrary I have some over weight lol... but this is getting really OT
__________________
- Sil3 -
My Flickr
 
Old 04 April 2013   #35
Originally Posted by Sil3:


Because of the all the fake Women shown in fashion and beauty adds people are starting to believe that those fake things are what represent how a Woman should look like when in fact big majority if not all of those Models even don't look so "elegant" in real life.


They put those white bra on, and put them too closely, so they look more heavy than in reality. I wonder why they did so, definitely on purpose.
I guess their message is "real people are ugly, buy our products to strive for our ideal, which you can never achieve, ugly you!"
 
Old 04 April 2013   #36
Originally Posted by mister3d: They put those white bra on, and put them too closely, so they look more heavy than in reality. I wonder why they did so, definitely on purpose.
I guess their message is "real people are ugly, buy our products to strive for our ideal, which you can never achieve, ugly you!"

Are you for real?
They have white bras because it is a beauty products, not lingerie, advertisement. It also makes the Dove have more emphasis on the women and not what they're wearing.
"real people are ugly" is exactly their message for people like you, who thinks all women should look like famine victims. What is beautiful is very subjective (just go back in history and see) and that's the whole point. But thanks for showing your prejudice for everyone to see
 
Old 04 April 2013   #37
Originally Posted by mister3d: I guess their message is "real people are ugly, buy our products to strive for our ideal, which you can never achieve, ugly you!"


You didn't got the message at all... maybe this will help:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/6/40...ify-action-scam


or even this older commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHqzlxGGJFo
__________________
- Sil3 -
My Flickr
 
Old 04 April 2013   #38
Originally Posted by BrainFreeze: Are you for real?
They have white bras because it is a beauty products, not lingerie, advertisement. It also makes the Dove have more emphasis on the women and not what they're wearing.
"real people are ugly" is exactly their message for people like you, who thinks all women should look like famine victims. What is beautiful is very subjective (just go back in history and see) and that's the whole point. But thanks for showing your prejudice for everyone to see

I thought it was one ad with juxtaposition. It's two separate ones. If to compare them, the second one of Dove looks emphasizing weight, as putting them closer and wearing white makes them looking bigger. It's playing on buyer's feelings anyway, just the other way around. They did it on purpose to show weight is nice. I'm sure they sell the same useless overpriced junk (ok, not lingerie but I don't care. I even think lingerie is nicer, as it's not something you put on your skin in terms of making it "younger", which is a lie).
I find it sad the standard of female cg-characters is put to photomodel side, which steals from originality. I think the time is yet to come where people accept a different view on this. I think it has to do with Japanese games, where all characters are of the same manga standard. The same goes for American game characters, where not only female, but many characters look alike. Just take Splinter cell, Uncharted and others. They look "nice" and alike. "The last of us" though looks good more or less... at least they took real original people. Who actually says real people are ugly are advertisement ads, who put an unachievable standard of appearance to their customers, making them permanent victims. "If you don't buy this product, you can't look that good".

Last edited by mister3d : 04 April 2013 at 02:34 AM.
 
Old 04 April 2013   #39
The Dove girls look far more attractive and healthy! that's just my two cents
 
Old 04 April 2013   #40
Originally Posted by BrainFreeze: who thinks all women should look like famine victims.


Originally Posted by BrainFreeze: But thanks for showing your prejudice for everyone to see




words words words
 
Old 04 April 2013   #41
Its an interesting topic. The market likes fashion model proportions for general advertising and that includes the preferences from women as well as men.

Lately though I am seeing a trend among artists to use everyday realistic reference for figures. The latest game sneak peek clips also look like very accurate normal anatomy was used. Personally I think that is a good thing in a lot of cases. It only looks strange to me when 'the lady next door' is type cast as a superhero. The end result is confusing and looks like cosplay. In a lot of cases using real types seems to work exceptionally well, like the crysis game characters, particularly the villain.

This has always been a fascinating subject.
__________________
The terminal velocity of individual particles is directly related to pink rabbits on a bank holiday.
Characters, Games, Toys
 
Old 04 April 2013   #42
Originally Posted by Pyke: Ive always found it such a double standard that its ok to call models and skinny girls 'tooth picks', and other various derogatory names, but if you comment on someone thats overweight its suddenly insulting and taboo. I dated a girl who was naturally skinny, and the shit that she put up with, and sly side comments that she received sometimes was maddening. Bigotry works both ways people.


I agree that very thin women get unfair flack (very skinny guys can be bullied too, particularly at school age, for appearing weak), but on the flip side, anorexic women are sympathised with and rightly recognised as having an eating disorder, while overweight women are simply disregarded as gluttonous fatties, even though over-eating stems invariably from psychological problems too (and that goes for men too).

Ultimately, I think it's pretty sad that we live in a world where people are so shallow that you're judged by how you look, and women probably suffer more in this respect than men, because women are invariably judged primarily on looks. Look how even a president of a country, Obama, the other day thought it perfectly okay to comment on an attorney general's appearance. It's so inappropriate but that's how women are constantly judged. Another horrid example of this is the Oscar red carpet ceremony, where the commentary talks about the males' achievements but the females' dresses and hair. But this is a consequence of living in a patriarchal society where women are expected to look pretty for the men. We may have evolved socially somewhat since the days of Mad Men but there's still a lot of inherent sexism around today. Not that men don't get objectified too, but it's a different kind of objectification; men tend to be objectified in positive terms, ie they're seen as strong, powerful, sensitive, etc whereas women are simply reduced to a collection of orifices and boobs.

Sigh.
__________________
leighvanderbyl.com
 
Old 04 April 2013   #43
Being really thin or fat can both mean being incredibly athletic. Being completely non-athletic and super-thin or super-fat is very unhealthy. The aesthetic differences of "athletic vs non-athletic" sometimes aren't always apparent, however you'd have to be on the extreme-end of the spectrum for it to be a socially recognizable trait.

What I'm saying is that If you're really thin or really fat, you're unhealthy, unless you know what you're doing. I see super thin and fat people at the gym every day. I respect those people because they're at the gym, their goals there are to improve themselves. I don't judge either way. If you're improving yourself, awesome.

When someone posts a picture of a bunch of skinny and fat girls as an example of "healthy" and "unhealthy" I laugh, because it means nothing. What I, or anyone, else finds sexually attractive is down to something psychological and not physiological at this stage. Not to mention they're all paid models.

Originally Posted by leigh: Ultimately, I think it's pretty sad that we live in a world where people are so shallow that you're judged by how you look

Is this not the world that we have always lived in? Literally a part of human nature kinda thing? Or do you suggest we usurp human nature and bite a stick as we try, with all our effort, to procreate with someone we find physically and socially unattractive?

Originally Posted by leigh: and women probably suffer more in this respect than men, because women are invariably judged primarily on looks. Look how even a president of a country, Obama, the other day thought it perfectly okay to comment on an attorney general's appearance. It's so inappropriate but that's how women are constantly judged. Another horrid example of this is the Oscar red carpet ceremony, where the commentary talks about the males' achievements but the females' dresses and hair.


Men are never judged by looks, ever. And the "Red Carpet" is literally something men report on and watch on TV. Are you serious? I know literally no guy who cares about the red carpet shit. This is, for sure, NOT a man thing.

Obama said a woman was attractive? wow. I hate the guy so sure, hang him to blame for that. :P

There is, in fact, a LOT of sexism nowadays in the media, in politics and in day to day life. I don't disagree. However, when all spectrums of bullshit are nulled, "being healthy" is always, always something that is important, and ignored by media, and by social culture, and most people remain ignorant on.
__________________
www.puppetstring.com
 
Old 04 April 2013   #44
Interesting, i just came across this in my local news.
Sorry its in Serbian, google translate might fix that but the article title reads "What barbie would look like if she was a real person. - if she was real she would have to walk on four legs and wouldn't be able to raise her head"

link: http://www.b92.net/zivot/vesti.php?...4&nav_id=704906
 
Old 04 April 2013   #45
Originally Posted by tuna: Is this not the world that we have always lived in? Literally a part of human nature kinda thing? Or do you suggest we usurp human nature and bite a stick as we try, with all our effort, to procreate with someone we find physically and socially unattractive?


I think you're kinda missing the point of my post. I'm not talking about how we are sexually attracted to partners, I'm talking about everyday life and how people are judged by how they look. And I'm not just talking about bodies and faces, but by appearance as a whole. Society is shallow and materialistic - far too much emphasis is put on hairstyles, clothing brands, expensive jewellery and watches, etc. There's this huge push for everyone to "look good" according to randomly dictated seasonal trends. It's really lame.

Quote: Men are never judged by looks, ever. And the "Red Carpet" is literally something men report on and watch on TV. Are you serious? I know literally no guy who cares about the red carpet shit. This is, for sure, NOT a man thing.


Did I say it was? Read my post again. And where did I say men never get judged by their looks? I said exactly the opposite, in fact. My point wasn't to suggest that the red carpet stuff was aimed at men, but rather to demonstrate the difference in how men and women are framed in society; with men, it's all about their achievements, whereas with women it's about their appearance. The sad fact is that in a patriarchal society, even women behave in a patriarchal manner, and that ranges across an entire spectrum of behaviour from the relatively harmless but still kinda lame way in which mothers raise their daughters to look pretty for men in western society, to the downright destructive practice of women mulilating the genitalia of their daughters in some cultures to please their future husbands.

Quote: Obama said a woman was attractive? wow.


QED. You fobbing off his behaviour like that perfectly demonstrates my point. Would a politician EVER comment on a male politician's appearance like that? No. Why is it okay for Obama to make a comment about some attorney general being "the best looking attorney general"? What have her looks got to do with her ability to do her job? Maybe you think it's all fun and games but this objectification of women is what leads to many women being treated unequally in the professional world with regards to gender wage gaps, glass ceilings, etc.

Gah, I don't know why I bother commenting on this on a male-dominated forum. I'm out.
__________________
leighvanderbyl.com
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.