Does Anyone Have a 3D Model of a Woman With Normal Body Proportions?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #16
Originally Posted by CB_3D: Daz Studio is free and the models are reasonable. Better than Makeuman, no doubt.

Yes, avoid Makehuman at all costs, the anatomy on their human model is Horrible, with a big H.

Originally Posted by mister3d: And this is a pretty normal body type for a woman, which most people will call "ugly".

Well, I guess unlike "most people" you talk of I must have very, very low standards, because I would call that "attractive".

Originally Posted by CB_3D: Of course there is. It´s been around for quite some time, Renaissance at least.

Those are just IDEALIZED proportions that act as reference when measuring differences in actual individuals, nobody really looks like that. And there are almost as many different "norms" as there are anatomical researchers, some are just more popular than others.

Old 04 April 2013   #17
Originally Posted by CB_3D: Of course there is. It´s been around for quite some time, Renaissance at least.

The Greeks had their idealized body proportion models a couple thousand years before the Renaissance

Old 04 April 2013   #18
Originally Posted by vlad: The Greeks had their idealized body proportion models a couple thousand years before the Renaissance

True, but those were very idealized and even stylized, if you take a close look.In the Renaissance artists started to really explore anatomy unlike ever before in art.

Obviously, as someone pointed out, also stylizing and idealizing in most final pieces.

Anyway, if you know what you need Daz should meet your needs as it´s extremely easy to customize proportions in it.

Models are a hires mess, though.

EDIT: just saw that you indeed mentioned idealized, so we´re actually on the same page lol

Old 04 April 2013   #19
Originally Posted by fuss: Well, I guess unlike "most people" you talk of I must have very, very low standards, because I would call that "attractive".

For an average 20 y.o? Hmm, maybe you're right, it's just for 3d it would've been still considered "wrong".

The canon is the idealized standard, and the norm is the average. If you take 1000 women and average them (of the same age), you'll get a pretty good-looking person. It will be different for different races and even locations, based on antropogenesis.wrong

To the OP http://www.3dscanstore.com/index.ph...3d-scan-24.html

Last edited by mister3d : 04 April 2013 at 01:29 PM.

Old 04 April 2013   #20
Originally Posted by nick1: I'd like to use a 3D printer to print out a female body which has body proportions that are, scientifically/statistically, average. I'll then turn this 3D printed body into a doll.

Does anyone have 3D model of a woman with normal body proportions?

This website may fill your needs:
http://www.triplegangers.com/

Old 04 April 2013   #21
Originally Posted by mister3d: And this is a pretty normal body type for a woman, which most people will call "ugly".

This are the typical body proportions of a young woman in Southern European Latin countries (Portugal, Spain, Italy, France). Of course there are variations and the model showed she has a bit more "strong" legs, but she is all proportioned to her Hips and Torso. This is the average looking women in our beaches.

Northern and Eastern Europe women (Russians, Swedish, British, etc) are usually taller and slimmer, maybe that's why you don't find this type of proportions attractive or find them "ugly".

Old 04 April 2013   #22
Originally Posted by Sil3: This are the typical body proportions of a young woman in Southern European Latin countries (Portugal, Spain, Italy, France). Of course there are variations and the model showed she has a bit more "strong" legs, but she is all proportioned to her Hips and Torso. This is the average looking women in our beaches.

Northern and Eastern Europe women (Russians, Swedish, British, etc) are usually taller and slimmer, maybe that's why you don't find this type of proportions attractive or find them "ugly".

I said quite the opposite. I said cg-standard is a whole different story than real life. This example is a realistic and a normal-looking, may be even on a good-looking side, one. But for most modeling jobs you'd get comments it's too fat, too short, too ugly.

Old 04 April 2013   #23
Originally Posted by mister3d: I said quite the opposite. I said cg-standard is a whole different story than real life. This example is a realistic and a normal-looking, may be even on a good-looking side, one. But for most modeling jobs you'd get comments it's too fat, too short, too ugly.

Ah, I see where you're coming from, but you didn't make that clear in your original post. The model is an attractive, average looking, realistic female but lacks the exaggerated, stereotypical anatomy which 16-year-old boys came to expect from their female game heroines. I doubt even they would call her ugly, though. But anyway, enough OT for one day.

Old 04 April 2013   #24
Originally Posted by mister3d: I said quite the opposite. I said cg-standard is a whole different story than real life. This example is a realistic and a normal-looking, may be even on a good-looking side, one. But for most modeling jobs you'd get comments it's too fat, too short, too ugly.

When ordering models it is surprisingly difficult to get normal-looking proportions, mind, because of the occupational deformation of artists expecting you to want people who do not look like people

Though I must ponder that 'people will say, though I disagree' is enforcing stereotypes a little; there are plenty of people who will agree that realistic (or at least, every-day) proportions are absolutely fine. There is not really a 'people' who says she is anything unless you suggest there is.

And if someone actually were to think this model is 'ugly' I am not even certain they know what a woman is. Ugly is a terribly strong word to use in this situation.

Of course Nick asked for statically average proportions, which are objective, not subjective!

Old 04 April 2013   #25
Fuss, indeed you're right, I didn't notice that.

Old 04 April 2013   #26
Originally Posted by Sil3: This are the typical body proportions of a young woman in Southern European Latin countries (Portugal, Spain, Italy, France). Of course there are variations and the model showed she has a bit more "strong" legs, but she is all proportioned to her Hips and Torso. This is the average looking women in our beaches.

Aww come on, Marco, we have better bods than that over here, LOL.

WAYYY better! Portuguese women are very elegant.

(yes yes i have to change my location

Old 04 April 2013   #27
Originally Posted by CB_3D: Aww come on, Marco, we have better bods than that over here, LOL.

WAYYY better! Portuguese women are very elegant.

(yes yes i have to change my location

What? It's the main export in Ukraine...

Old 04 April 2013   #28
Thank you for your replies guys. Here's why I want the average proportions: I'm making a Barbie doll with normal body proportions.

So, it looks like I'll be using this model for the normal body proportions:

http://www.3dscanstore.com/index.ph...d-scan-245.html

I need this model smoothed out so that, when 3D printed, she can look like a normal doll.

I also want a 3D model of a Barbie so that we can print that out to to use as a reference.

If someone here feels they can take on this project, please message me. We can arrange some kind of payment.

My recent work has appeared on many big sites such as Mashable, HuffPost, etc, and I expect this project to be picked up as well. Here's one of my recent projects which was also on the front page of Yahoo! yesterday: http://www.businessinsider.com/us-c...amm-2013-4?op=1

Old 04 April 2013   #29
@nick1,

That sounds like a very interesting project. Wishing you all the best with that!

Old 04 April 2013   #30
What about this?

http://www.newmediacaucus.org/wp/wp...04/Figure_1.jpg

Im sure the kids would really dig it up.

Thread Closed share thread