Does Anyone Have a 3D Model of a Woman With Normal Body Proportions?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #1
Does Anyone Have a 3D Model of a Woman With Normal Body Proportions?

I'd like to use a 3D printer to print out a female body which has body proportions that are, scientifically/statistically, average. I'll then turn this 3D printed body into a doll.

Does anyone have 3D model of a woman with normal body proportions?

Old 04 April 2013   #2
Poser has plenty.
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

Old 04 April 2013   #3
What are normal body proportions? Would you rather use a plain-looking woman or a stylised busty-assy one, which the whole cg-industry has an undisputed set standard? If you make a normal-looking person, people will frown and say it looks "wrong".
So first you should define which is normal proportions.
A normal woman is not tall, and will have less than 7 heads height. Most cg-characters are 10 heads high. Then most women don't have ideal bodies, so the average is not a photomodel you see anywhere in games etc.

Last edited by mister3d : 04 April 2013 at 11:36 PM.

Old 04 April 2013   #4
Maybe he means this:

Old 04 April 2013   #5
Try this one to create any realistic human model with uvs. it's free

http://www.makehuman.org/

Old 04 April 2013   #6
Originally Posted by teruchan: Maybe he means this:

And this is a pretty normal body type for a woman, which most people will call "ugly".

Old 04 April 2013   #7
Originally Posted by nick1: I'd like to use a 3D printer to print out a female body which has body proportions that are, scientifically/statistically, average. I'll then turn this 3D printed body into a doll.

Daz Studio is free and the models are reasonable. Better than Makeuman, no doubt.

Old 04 April 2013   #8
Originally Posted by CB_3D: Daz Studio is free and the models are reasonable. Better than Makeuman, no doubt.

Daz was the first thing that came to mind to avoid when I read this thread. Great models though they may be, and sure you can dial up the fat, they tend to have very long legs, their hips are positioned too high and their shoulders are too broad. Perhaps a few models and actors in this world have such proportions, but the majority of normal people do not. Some of the Poser figures have low positioned hips, shorter legs and arms, and while many people may not like them, because they don't don't make for good half nude, barbarian, cover art pictures, they look a lot more like real people on the street.

Old 04 April 2013   #9
Question

Originally Posted by teruchan: Daz was the first thing that came to mind to avoid when I read this thread. Great models though they may be, and sure you can dial up the fat, they tend to have very long legs, their hips are positioned too high and their shoulders are too broad. Perhaps a few models and actors in this world have such proportions, but the majority of normal people do not. Some of the Poser figures have low positioned hips, shorter legs and arms, and while many people may not like them, because they don't don't make for good half nude, barbarian, cover art pictures, they look a lot more like real people on the street.

In light of this post, your previous recommendation to use Poser seems very odd, as the figures most-used by Poser users are made by DAZ. I can personally testify that there are many glaring anatomy issues (as can the enormous amount of deformers I use to correct such errors in my own images). If, conversely, you are recommending that one use the figures that ship with recent versions of Poser, then you are even more mistaken, as these make DAZ look like Frank Netter.

Unless you are being sarcastic ;-)

Old 04 April 2013   #10
Originally Posted by phexitol: In light of this post, your previous recommendation to use Poser seems very odd, as the figures most-used by Poser users are made by DAZ. I can personally testify that there are many glaring anatomy issues (as can the enormous amount of deformers I use to correct such errors in my own images). If, conversely, you are recommending that one use the figures that ship with recent versions of Poser, then you are even more mistaken, as these make DAZ look like Frank Netter.

Unless you are being sarcastic ;-)

I am talking about the figures that ship with Poser 6, 7 and 8. I haven't really seen the latest figures. If you consider what kind of art most Poser users are doing, as I already stated, "many people may not like them, because they don't don't make for good half nude, barbarian, cover art pictures," it makes sense that most people use Daz models, which are better suited for this purpose. If you want to make average, flabby Joe, though, the Poser models are much better. Sure, they are astoundingly ugly from the default, but with a few flicks of the dials they can make for far better looking, natural, real world people than the Daz models.

Old 04 April 2013   #11
I don't think there even IS a norm for body proportions.

Old 04 April 2013   #12
Originally Posted by redbellpeppers: I don't think there even IS a norm for body proportions.

I think there is. Hence, norm. Normals. Normalized.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norm
A designated standard of average.

That's how we get BMI and what not.

Models are of course above normals.

I don't know why OP is asking for normal 3d models? Maybe for medical/legal/educational purposes? These are where using above normals can get a flak, because you might get accused of 'leading'.

EDIT:

Here I again agree with Teruchan. I think back then Poser 6/7/8 the models were more of average type. I still remember the office guy model that came with Poser that usually supplied on 3d books cd-rom.

Last edited by fablefox : 04 April 2013 at 09:15 AM. Reason: more info

Old 04 April 2013   #13
Originally Posted by redbellpeppers: I don't think there even IS a norm for body proportions.

Of course there is. Its been around for quite some time, Renaissance at least.

Old 04 April 2013   #14
Originally Posted by nick1: I'd like to use a 3D printer to print out a female body which has body proportions that are, scientifically/statistically, average. I'll then turn this 3D printed body into a doll.

Make sure you leave a cavity for the fleshlight

Old 04 April 2013   #15
Originally Posted by imashination: Make sure you leave a cavity for the fleshlight

Contender for most depraved post on this forum..

Thread Closed share thread