Disney's Planes - Sneak Peek .

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #16
hahaha, wow, I really thought this was an elaborate April fools day joke by Pixar...

I can't wait for Lawnmowers

Old 04 April 2013   #17
Originally Posted by SheepFactory: I thought they said this was going to be direct to dvd when they first announced it? I am mistaking it for something else?

It was. They decided to try and get a bit of extra money showing it in theatres.

Old 04 April 2013   #18
Originally Posted by Meloncov: It was. They decided to try and get a bit of extra money showing it in theatres.
Well from what I have been told, most films out of DTS are theatrical for nearly every country except the US.

Old 04 April 2013   #19
Ha! I thought this was a joke at first...funny, I just saw the news on the finding nemo 2 flick a minute ago, finding dora... Hey! Works work! More jobs! I don't think I will go to theaters to see either though, but I am sure many will, good for the industry.

There are no "magic" programs that make you a better artist

Old 04 April 2013   #20
And now : Finding Dory

Old 04 April 2013   #21
Originally Posted by ambassador: Ha! I thought this was a joke at first...funny, I just saw the news on the finding nemo 2 flick a minute ago, finding dora... Hey! Works work! More jobs! I don't think I will go to theaters to see either though, but I am sure many will, good for the industry.

Finding Dory is actually from Pixar. I have no doubt that it will be successful in theaters. I'm not a fan of the name, but I'd be very surprised if the movie isn't at least decent.

Old 04 April 2013   #22
as soon as I saw this, it made me think of that Simpsons TV ad for Pixar's Cards - the cards that talk. This is getting pretty sad

Old 04 April 2013   #23
Originally Posted by Meloncov: Finding Dory is actually from Pixar. I have no doubt that it will be successful in theaters. I'm not a fan of the name, but I'd be very surprised if the movie isn't at least decent.

Oh, I am sure it will be decent, both of them will be, I just wont be spending any $$ or time to see either, personally.

There are no "magic" programs that make you a better artist

Old 04 April 2013   #24
YEAH MORE INANIMATE OBJECTS COME TO LIFE!

Just in time for this to come out with monsters university
http://video.disney.com/watch/first...8af493095901d03

Old 04 April 2013   #25
Originally Posted by mlager8: YEAH MORE INANIMATE OBJECTS COME TO LIFE!

Just in time for this to come out with monsters university
http://video.disney.com/watch/first...8af493095901d03

Hmm, he falls in love, and then the people holding the umbrellas go in separate directions and he tries to get back to her?

I don't know, gotta see more, looks neat.

Planes is a merchandising project, pure and simple. And really, you take it to the air, but you stick with the same speed/racing concept? Isn't that...odd?

Seriously don't know what's going on at Pixar, but it really feels like Disney's make money mentality has taken root there. But again I don't have a clue, just making that assumption based off their announced projects.

www.MichaelSime.com

Old 04 April 2013   #26
i was being sarcastic, but in all seriousness blue umbrella looks cool, but its' a short. The perfect medium for an object coming to life.

Another full feature like cars except with planes... like i've said before more cg work is never a problem but at least try. If your going to make an original film, make it worth while.

Old 04 April 2013   #27
Not sure why everyone keeps bringing up Pixar when it's been widely reported that this is made by Disney Toon Studios. But just to keep the bile flowing here, you should know it's the first of a trilogy.

Old 04 April 2013   #28
Originally Posted by Artbot: Not sure why everyone keeps bringing up Pixar when it's been widely reported that this is made by Disney Toon Studios. But just to keep the bile flowing here, you should know it's the first of a trilogy.

Are they not one in the same now? In the article you linked JOHN LASSETER is talking about the *gulp* planes trilogy.

Not to mention a trains, and boats spin off... seriously?

Old 04 April 2013   #29
Originally Posted by mlager8: Are they not one in the same now? In the article you linked JOHN LASSETER is talking about the *gulp* planes trilogy.

Not to mention a trains, and boats spin off... seriously?

He obviously has some connection to them, being the head of Disney Animation, but as for how much input he has, who knows? I don't know how he divides up his duties between Pixar and Disney, but they are distinct studios with separate personnel and pipelines. And he seems to be talking about them very much at arm's length, so maybe he has very little involvement in them?

As for boats....all I can think of is this.

Old 04 April 2013   #30
Ahhh I bet the people who said military hardware and pesticides couldn't be fun and cute are feeling a bit embarrassed now eh!

Thread Closed share thread