Percy Jackson : Sea of Monsters Trailer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2013
Percy Jackson : Sea of Monsters Trailer

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movie-tra...-monsters.jhtml
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

04 April 2013
Took them long enough, were they waiting for the kids to turn 40?

04 April 2013
finally. i really enjoyed the first one

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by DuttyFoot: finally. i really enjoyed the first one

I feel the first one was lacking in alot of areas, though it was still enjoyable.
I'm hoping this one improves on it.

The Percy Jackson books were really well written and was one of my favorite book series. I'm hoping it lives up to the story!

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by eliseu gouveia: Took them long enough, were they waiting for the kids to turn 40?

Hahaha exactly what I was thinking!
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

04 April 2013
First movie credit :-)
Trailer came out better than I expected.

04 April 2013
For my European brothers and sisters: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04...onsters-trailer

Looked really good!
Thanks for the headsup Roberto.

04 April 2013
Wow,this looks great and it looks like there sticking to the books more !
Love it,so excited.

04 April 2013
I always got the feeling, with both the books and the film, that it was trying REALLY HARD to be taken seriously.

I kinda see the Percy Jackson series as Harry Potters annoying little brother, screaming 'LOOK AT ME! I CAN DO IT TOO! LOOK LOOK!!!'

That said, I enjoyed the first film for a cool 90 minutes of escapism, and the books that I've read have been good 'Sunday afternoon' reads. This movie doesn't excite me-but I'll probably rent it, or if there is nothing on, watch it in the theater.

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by Kanga: For my European brothers and sisters: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04...onsters-trailer

Not available in the UK?

=k

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by Kai01W: Not available in the UK?

=k

Works in Holland, dang!
IGN and MTV don't like England?
Who doesn't like England?

What poppycock.

04 April 2013
I kind of expected more. The shot at the whirlpool was very cool though. I also agree with the impression of being Harry Potters red headed step brother. It really has hat feeling. I haven't read the books, but every time I saw them in the book store I felt like someone was thinking, "How can I create the next Potter hit?"
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by Pyke: I always got the feeling, with both the books and the film, that it was trying REALLY HARD to be taken seriously.

I kinda see the Percy Jackson series as Harry Potters annoying little brother, screaming 'LOOK AT ME! I CAN DO IT TOO! LOOK LOOK!!!'

I've never read the books, but I did work on the first film (which was the first time I'd ever heard of the franchise) and although I never watched it, I did get the distinct feeling when working on it that it was supposed to be like an American Harry Potter.

I guess part of me wishes that if they'd wanted to make another series about a kid saving the world, they'd have tried to make it a bit different by making the main character a girl. That would immediately have given it a different angle and avoided the Harry Potter clone feeling, plus it'd be nice for kids to have a strong, kickass female role model for once.

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by leigh: I've never read the books, but I did work on the first film (which was the first time I'd ever heard of the franchise) and although I never watched it, I did get the distinct feeling when working on it that it was supposed to be like an American Harry Potter.

I guess part of me wishes that if they'd wanted to make another series about a kid saving the world, they'd have tried to make it a bit different by making the main character a girl. That would immediately have given it a different angle and avoided the Harry Potter clone feeling, plus it'd be nice for kids to have a strong, kickass female role model for once.

i really agree on this one. After hungergames they proved that we can actually have a strong female main character without making her wear sexy clothin and packing big guns.. but i would still enjoy watching that too

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by Kai01W: Not available in the UK?
=k

If you use chrome install this extension.
https://mediahint.com/

- My thoughts are my own and should not be confused with anyone else's.

Thread Closed share thread