|04 April 2013||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2013
To all forum user: SURVEY ABOUT PCG (procedural content generation) IN CG SOFTWARE
My name is Kevin. I am a student of digital art and I want to determine the current situation of procedural content generation in the industry. I need to collect data for my study thesis, so I ask you as all sorts of professionals to get insight and experiences of this special process. Please help me and try to answer the following questions:
1) When / How do you started with digital art? (maybe something about your past and how you get involved with digital art)
2) Did you ever get in contact with procedural content generation techniques? How?
3) What do you think about procedural content generation in software programs today?
4) What is your current workflow when you try to realize your creative ideas?
5) Does procedural content generation has any advantages for your workflow?
6) For the future: any ideas / suggestions for a workflow with optimal implementation of procedural content generation techniques (or how would you design the next digital art software taking advantage of PCG techniques)?
To make the whole thing a representative cross section of the industry and its digital artist, I invite everyone in this forum (sorry, if this is maybe the wrong thread)
Thank you in advance.
|Thread Closed share thread|