The Wolverine: International Trailer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #1
The Wolverine: International Trailer

Ok this rocks...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featu...d&v=WEbzZP-_Ssc
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 03 March 2013   #2
I hate the storylines where they lose their powers

Old 03 March 2013   #3
They usually have to do that when they've run out of stuff to do with the character, or that power makes them too strong. I've never really felt Wolverine was overpowered to the degree that say, Superman is.

After about 500 origin story retreads and that horrible Origins movie, I am kinda happy to see a plot mostly just involving stuff happening to him or about other aspects of his past and other characters instead of that same damned origin story.

I do think the "bone claws" thing is still pretty stupid though.

Old 03 March 2013   #4
Looks slick and I like the twist.
I am interested to hear what people think of the 3d effect in theaters.

Old 03 March 2013   #5
Originally Posted by darthviper107: I hate the storylines where they lose their powers

I think that it makes sense here though.

There's a difference between Logan killing hordes of enemies and watching his loved ones die as he, essentially, lives forever. It's one thing to say that you want immortality as a power, but it's something else to experience it first hand. It's a topic that has been touched upon by Superman a few times, notably in "Kingdom Come." You'll either retreat from ever developing emotional attachments or crave the release of eventual death. Plus, if you're religious, one might imagine that immortality might be a spiritual curse, as you'd be denied both heaven and any reunion with your loved ones.

For movie Wolverine, it's been a tough ride. He saw his father die. He unintentionally killed his bio-dad. He was led to believe that Silver Fox died. Xavier was killed in front of his eyes. Cyclops, with whom he had a love/hate relationship, was also murdered. Logan himself even had to kill Jean when she went crazy. Again, killing a swarm of faceless, nameless ninjas is nothing compared to personal loss. As the years would go by, he'd only experience more pain. Maybe, at this low point in his life, he can't imagine it. Maybe his heart doesn't heal as quickly as his body. To me, it's only logical that some smart bad guy would try and exploit this. And for him to want his powers back in the end... That's what the love of a good woman will do for you. The character of Mariko is there for a reason.

I rather enjoyed the trailer. I think that the international trailer pretty much spoiled the entire movie, but I don't think I'll hate what I see either. The CG was touch & go, but the original X-Men's was too in the first trailer. Wolverine's claws didn't line up with the exit point when he stabbed Rogue in the trailer. Still, they fixed that. I'm confident that that the Wolverine team will fix the CG here too. They've still got a bit of time. Not very much, but maybe enough. Also, it might look less CGish on the big screen. There's that too.

Last edited by cookepuss : 03 March 2013 at 04:50 PM.

Old 03 March 2013   #6
Domestic Trailer. A bit different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Yu9uwHLVI

Vimeo Videos
Daniel Broadway

Old 03 March 2013   #7
So is this film is after the X-men films. that's what it looked like

Old 03 March 2013   #8

If you look at this crooked, doesn't it look like his left arm is missing and there's a giant hand growing out of his chest?

Old 03 March 2013   #9
Originally Posted by calilifestyle: So is this film is after the X-men films. that's what it looked like

Yep. Confirmed a while back.

Old 03 March 2013   #10
Originally Posted by RobertoOrtiz: Ok this rocks...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featu...d&v=WEbzZP-_Ssc

Totally rocks!!

Old 03 March 2013   #11
If he looses his healing powers, and his claws come out, wont the holes that they come from go all septic?

*written in the comic book guy voice*

Old 03 March 2013   #12
Originally Posted by Daniel-B: Domestic Trailer. A bit different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Yu9uwHLVI

I think this one is a lot better.

Old 03 March 2013   #13
Originally Posted by hypercube: They usually have to do that when they've run out of stuff to do with the character, or that power makes them too strong. I've never really felt Wolverine was overpowered to the degree that say, Superman is.

After about 500 origin story retreads and that horrible Origins movie, I am kinda happy to see a plot mostly just involving stuff happening to him or about other aspects of his past and other characters instead of that same damned origin story.

I do think the "bone claws" thing is still pretty stupid though.

If you think the origin story was bad then I'd be sacred to see how they handle X-Men Days of Future Past, that's going to be a mash up of timelines and time travel thrown in. Plus it'll be a sequel to both the first class and x-men 3 at the same time.

Any how back to Wolverine, I want to like this, I mean there's the badass wolverine, the Japan setting, ninjas and samurai swords (well Hugh Jackman holding one doesn't look quite right) but I thought it would have been darker, as the artwork suggested. Well it's only the trailer and there's a lot not shown, and i just hope they got the look of Silver Samurai right.

Old 03 March 2013   #14
Originally Posted by darthviper107: I hate the storylines where they lose their powers

So I'm not the only one!

Old 03 March 2013   #15
This looks really bad in my opinion. The characters, the setting, the acting, and even the effects. Nothing about the trailer makes me want to see it. In fact the posters have the complete opposite effect on me. Good GOD those posters are BAD.

I will be very surprised if this does well.

Thread Closed share thread