Old 03-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #31
wildjj
Frequenter
portfolio
James Wayne
Quebec, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtvic
Damn good Graphics. Probably the best i have seen in the recent time.

+1. Absolutely knockout stuff.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:50 PM   #32
Shletten
Expert

portfolio
Simon Gravel
Montréal, Canada

Send a message via MSN to Shletten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael5188
Agreed, visually amazing. Boring from an actual game standpoint. But as others have said, these games are about multiplayer.

Show me an Elder Scrolls game that looks this good, with solid animation, and then I'll really get excited.

But yeah this looks mind boggling, really incredible that that's a game...
I'd have to agree with you on this one. The footage looks incredible but all this technical wizardery is for yet another military game. I dig the Chinese setting though, it's refreshing after so many Middle East based films and games.

Edit: Hmm, I'm mistaken. Bakou is Azerbaïdjan's capital which has nothing to do with China. I was led to believe China had a role in this game after having read some rumors.

Battlefield 4 runs on Frosbite Engine 3.0 and Dragon Age: Inquisition is said to use it as well or an upgraded version of Frostbite 2.0.
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...bite_engine.php

Last edited by Shletten : 03-28-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:46 AM   #33
Kyron
Cat lover

portfolio
Christian Kragh
Method Studios
Copenhagen, Denmark

Even though I am personally a bigger fan of the Rainbow 6 and Ghost Recon series (Future Soldier was an amazing game), I do look forward to this.

Graphics look amazing, and tbh I thought some of the effects like MB and other stuff, can be really distracting when it´s overdone like in the MoH, CoD series.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #34
iikii
Creator

portfolio
Choo Bin Yong
Freelancer
Singapore

Waiting to see how uncharted will look like

Old 03-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #35
grrinc
Expert

Truly sock-knocking-off stuff.

If I may cast a tiny doubt though. Remember when the clip to a BF3 was launched like this too? It was the sniper on the roof sequence. I remember being blown away by it and wondering how it would actually play out in game. I usually prefer COD, so on the strength of that sequence, I bought BF3. Well I was a touch disappointed to say the least. The whole sequence was like a qte and felt like playing Dragons Lair ( yes I'm old ).

So whilst I enjoyed viewing this sequence, I most certainly wont let it influence my decision to buy the game.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #36
sebastian___
Expert

Sebastian Andor
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyron
Graphics look amazing, and tbh I thought some of the effects like MB and other stuff, can be really distracting when it´s overdone like in the MoH, CoD series.

When they are overdone and unrealistic, yes. But keep in mind that m blur adds realism and exists even in movies like Saving Private Ryan which is known as one of the movies with the least motion blur.

pictures and gifs

Old 03-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #37
Shletten
Expert

portfolio
Simon Gravel
Montréal, Canada

Send a message via MSN to Shletten
I believe that any AAA game in 2013 should have realtime object motion blur included and that you should have the choice to turn it on or off and adjust the strenght of the effect. That's the way it is for the Crysis franchise and it's perfect.

Last edited by Shletten : 03-28-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #38
MAK
Frequenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shletten
I'd have to agree with you on this one. The footage looks incredible but all this technical wizardery is for yet another military game. I dig the Chinese setting though, it's refreshing after so many Middle East based films and games.

Edit: Hmm, I'm mistaken. Bakou is Azerbaïdjan's capital which has nothing to do with China. I was led to believe China had a role in this game after having read some rumors.

Battlefield 4 runs on Frosbite Engine 3.0 and Dragon Age: Inquisition is said to use it as well or an upgraded version of Frostbite 2.0.
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...bite_engine.php

Dragon Age 3 & Mass Effect 4/Next will both use Frostbite 3. Command & Conquer will use Frostbite 2.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:38 PM   #39
Jules123
Expert
portfolio
Julian Bushell
Non-Multiplex Cinema
Croydon, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian___
When they are overdone and unrealistic, yes. But keep in mind that m blur adds realism and exists even in movies like Saving Private Ryan which is known as one of the movies with the least motion blur.

Without motion blur, movement stutters if your game card is struggling to do >30fps.
I think movies have too much motion blur, considering film is at 24fps, games usually have a higher fraame rate. Douglas Trumbull, who spoke at the GTC conference, goes on quite a bit about how he is pioneering variable frame rates in movies. So for action sequences, run it at >48fps, for non-action go to the usual frame rates.
Go to 50 minutes in the video for a good demo of different amounts of motion blur in film.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/30099549

Cheers,
Jules

Old 03-28-2013, 11:32 PM   #40
SciFibrow
X-38 Sundagger

portfolio
Peter Blight
Concept Artist
Global freelancer
Melbourne, Australia

Stunning visuals.

Check out the evolution of the rippling tarps on the buildings from those used in the original Mirror's Edge (which were already quite cleverly done and added so much to the realism).

A sure sign of how ME2 will look (though less dirty ). After years of games being held back by ports based on the console current standard, it's refreshing to see what's coming next.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:35 AM   #41
xtrm3d
'' polygon pimp ''

portfolio
christophe desse
Technical Artist
naughty dog
santa Monica, USA

Send a message via ICQ to xtrm3d

Quote:
Waiting to see how uncharted will look like

You are putting a big grin on my face :-)

Old 04-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #42
Solothores
hairdo-kan

portfolio
E. S.
virtual fugitive
Switzerland

Trailer in 1080p/720p and 60fps (scroll down for the download links)
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...ch-bf4-at-60fps

Stunning.

The stone had skidded arc'd and bloomed into islands
Kamau Brathwaite

Old 04-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #43
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread