Battlefield 4 - 17 min gameplay reveal

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #16
Looks like they also improved the facial animation

Old 03 March 2013   #17
Looks awesome!

finally fluid simulation in games

skin starts to look really good, too

Old 03 March 2013   #18
Originally Posted by TheDistiller: Looks awesome!

finally fluid simulation in games

Those are all canned sims, watch some of the later attacks on the road vehicles, there's a pattern to it. The rendering of them is nice though.

Old 03 March 2013   #19
Technically impressive and very pretty, but the gameplay looks horribly scripted and shallow. Would someone please use this tech to make a game and not a poor Hollywood movie wannabe?

Old 03 March 2013   #20
Originally Posted by tuomask: Technically impressive and very pretty, but the gameplay looks horribly scripted and shallow. Would someone please use this tech to make a game and not a poor Hollywood movie wannabe?

I played BF2 and although I am no fan of fps military games I really enjoyed it. We would sit with about three of us on an internal server and have a brilliant time. This version looks mind blowing. I reckon the makers would have done extensive research as to what real battlefields are like. I see you standing in a field shouting : aw cmon this is just like a bad Holly, splat.

Or you are a returned vet in which case my humble apologies

Old 03 March 2013   #21
Played Battlefield since the first 1942 demo

Multiplayer is where the real game is, overly scripted single player campaigns got boring around the time Call of Duty 2 came out.

Old 03 March 2013   #22
Originally Posted by tuomask: Technically impressive and very pretty, but the gameplay looks horribly scripted and shallow. Would someone please use this tech to make a game and not a poor Hollywood movie wannabe?

That seems to be the problem these days, I kind of like pushing the scripted stuff in that as a 3D artist I like the idea of the stuff actually being rendered on the machine, but I do feel that a lot of games these days would rather be movies then games. If you're going to make a game then the interactivity should be the main feature.

Old 03 March 2013   #23
BF 3.4 If you treat this as an expansion rather as a new game then you will feel better about it. Also don't bother with single players its not what the game is about.

Old 03 March 2013   #24
Originally Posted by leigh: A friend of mine's frantic text messages about this woke me up this morning. The trailer looks amazing, but then I'm quite a Battlefield fangirl. The lighting is amazing.

For this, I would be a Battlefeild Fangirl too.
Goddamn. Preordering now...

MY HMC

Old 03 March 2013   #25

Agreed, visually amazing. Boring from an actual game standpoint. But as others have said, these games are about multiplayer.

Show me an Elder Scrolls game that looks this good, with solid animation, and then I'll really get excited.

But yeah this looks mind boggling, really incredible that that's a game...

www.MichaelSime.com

Old 03 March 2013   #26
Graphics do look impressive, but I am not sold. After what they delivered with bf3 I smell it happening again. 2 months after the game is out there will be another 3 dlcs with a map and a gun unlock. Not to mention the horrible job done on multiplayer. Pretty, but that's just it. I got sold on the last hype, not this time.

Hope I am wrong, as I do enjoy battlefield 2 very much. Still waiting for a worthy predecessor.

Old 03 March 2013   #27
My hat is off to the animators. Everything moves more realistic than usual for a game

Old 03 March 2013   #28
Dice better have a pair of underpants coming with BF4 for free........

Damn good Graphics. Probably the best i have seen in the recent time.

Old 03 March 2013   #29
Omar from The Wire is one of the squadmates! Single player redeemed.

Old 03 March 2013   #30
Originally Posted by hypercube: Those are all canned sims, watch some of the later attacks on the road vehicles, there's a pattern to it. The rendering of them is nice though.

I agree. And they do a good job with the explode plume.

But I find the fire effects throughout the footage oddly too fast in general.
Its like the art director said "I want fire for a really windy day" and thats all they used everywhere. It messes with the scale of the effect...and the fire feels like its in a 'windyer' place then everything else.

Otherwise looks very nice.

Thread Closed share thread