DESPICABLE ME 2 - Trailer #2

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2013
DESPICABLE ME 2 - Trailer #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...d&v=LN1UYnZcbLk
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

03 March 2013
Great, something to look forward to

03 March 2013
I have to admit, I laughed my ass off. Can't wait!

03 March 2013
Yep, I'll be taking the kids to see that one.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

03 March 2013
that looks awesome... loved the 1st, can't wait to see it!

03 March 2013
Looks great.

But...the TASERing of everyone has just become obnoxious. I know it's a cartoon and all, but TASERS are real (as opposed to the sillier weapons in the film) and the message here (and in many other so-called "comedies") seems to be: If you don't get what you want from someone, just TASER them because it's perfectly safe. Maybe to people outside the US it seems rare or funnier, but here it's a common weapon used against civilians, sometimes fatally.

I understand they use them for comic effect, what with the electrocution effect and all, but what if they were replaced by stun bullets? Or tear gas? Would they still use it as a comic gag?

03 March 2013
Komeradski, Minions rule!

03 March 2013
Well I guess considering he now loves the nieces and they live with him forever and ever... I guess the only way to get "action" out of Gru was to make him 007 in some MIB-like organization.

I don't expect a dramatic peak to match the original. But it's probably nice to see the "gang" back together.

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by Artbot: Looks great.

But...the TASERing of everyone has just become obnoxious. I know it's a cartoon and all, but TASERS are real (as opposed to the sillier weapons in the film) and the message here (and in many other so-called "comedies") seems to be: If you don't get what you want from someone, just TASER them because it's perfectly safe. Maybe to people outside the US it seems rare or funnier, but here it's a common weapon used against civilians, sometimes fatally.

I understand they use them for comic effect, what with the electrocution effect and all, but what if they were replaced by stun bullets? Or tear gas? Would they still use it as a comic gag?

not sure how old you are, but I grew up with the three stooges... so i would much rather get tasered versus a pipe to my head.

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by tswalk: not sure how old you are, but I grew up with the three stooges... so i would much rather get tasered versus a pipe to my head.

Do you still think it funny if it happened to your daughter?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...red-by-cop.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fizo-sOSE6o

For what it worth...

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by fablefox: Do you still think it funny if it happened to your daughter?

For what it worth...

Yes.

People really need to learn to separate themselves from entertainment, especially CARTOONS. If people had this sort of reaction to every event ever, there would be no media at all.

Don't get me wrong, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but don't let yourself get trapped in the idea that your opinion is the right one. (This of course applies to me as well)

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by fablefox: Do you still think it funny if it happened to your daughter?

For what it worth...

When i was 12 years old 2 of my favorites movies where Bad Taste and Evil Dead 2 ... 20 years after i'm still not in jail (yet ?) for slashing my neighborhood with a chainsaw ...

I guess you just need to be able to separate entertainment from reality. Same thing apply when you slash Zombies with headshot in left 4 dead !

I honestly don't think that this trailer is promoting tazer ... its just entertainement ! and it looks to be really fun ...

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by Artbot: I understand they use them for comic effect, what with the electrocution effect and all, but what if they were replaced by stun bullets? Or tear gas? Would they still use it as a comic gag?

Yes they would. Is this even a serious question? They also use "real" weapons like rockets and lazers, so why are you so upset about a taser?

03 March 2013
Wink

Originally Posted by Geta-Ve: Yes.

People really need to learn to separate themselves from entertainment, especially CARTOONS. If people had this sort of reaction to every event ever, there would be no media at all.

Don't get me wrong, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but don't let yourself get trapped in the idea that your opinion is the right one. (This of course applies to me as well)

I can separate it, but I think the person I'm quoting was talking about real life (as in prefer taser than pipe).

But a person must also understand context.

Let's change 'taser' to 'rape'. What if, James Bond, in his mission, instead of consentually sleep with women, he rapes them instead. Do we still think its acceptable because its a movie and not real life?

I think the use of taser and the context in the movie is tasteless. Which is why I agree with ArtBot. And that is my opinion, no harms done

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by fablefox: Let's change 'taser' to 'rape'.

Wow. Let's change Gru to Hitler.

Thread Closed share thread