CG Dragon in Snapdragon commercial

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #16
Originally Posted by circusboy: Its happened before. Remember those 'Intel Inside' ad campaigns from a few years back? It kinda caters to both. Customers want the snap dragon tech so the manufacturers better deliver or miss the boat.

Intel side ad campaigns was to target 'cloners'. I don't know how it is in the US, but AFAIK, here in Malaysia, business are divided by two: companies buy DELL, HP, everybody else buy clones PC. And they will build for you based on your spec (although they have guide lines to make selection easy). I think the fact that AMD cpu was cheap back then that caused Intel to come up with that advertising.

And other tactics if you remember the history.

But a CPU for phone manufacturing is really a business to business thing.

Old 03 March 2013   #17
Originally Posted by axiomatic: I guess my reply question would be why do you need to?

They don't really directly market to end users, just to commercial partners. Not saying this kind of branding is useless but, well, it's an expensive tvc.

It establishes a brand in the consumers mind. Regardless of the reality, someone walks into the store and says "I want that dragon phone". Obviously it means nothing about the actually quality of the product but they remember it. Like was mentioned, immediately reminded me of "Intel Inside", "Sega Blast Processing" or "YahooooooO!"
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 03 March 2013   #18
Originally Posted by fablefox: Intel side ad campaigns was to target 'cloners'.
Ah but see, that's the point. I doesn't matter what the reality was, consumers remember "Intel Inside" and the 5 tones so they asked for that product when they went to the store.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 03 March 2013   #19
Originally Posted by WyattHarris: Ah but see, that's the point. I doesn't matter what the reality was, consumers remember "Intel Inside" and the 5 tones so they asked for that product when they went to the store.

The problem is that snapdragon chip doesn't work that way.

I can buy a clone PC that have same spec but uses NVIDIA or I can buy a clone PC that uses ATI.

I can buy a clone PC that uses Intel or I can buy clone PC that uses AMD.

And these PC can either uses Windows or Linux.

But since snapdragon is a mobile CPU, it no longer works that way.

Either you buy ipad running IOS that use its CPU or you buy an android tablet that uses android with it own cpu.

There is no Ipad running snapdragon or ipad running arm or ipad running intel portable cpu. The same with phone market. If you want an iphone, you go for iphone. You don't say I want an iphone, the one with snapdragon instead of Apple A6.

I don't know about the future, but currently, when it come to mobile devices, its either OS, or shape and functionality. CPU was never in the mind of a buyer.

My view, anyway.

Old 03 March 2013   #20
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread