3D printing and professional discretion.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #16
Thanks guys. I have decided to take courage in my convictions and invest a little more and get a solicitor to guide us. One has to speculate to accumulate doesn't one?

Old 03 March 2013   #17
I hope it works out well for you.

Old 03 March 2013   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by musashidan
Yes, because lawyers are known for their honesty and trustworthiness...

No, but they are known for taking care of your interest long before they will that of others once you hire them, and for brutal honesty if they think something you want to do will put your idea/intentions at risk.

And unless you're talking high ranks, lawyers remain a generally honest category, especially small time IP ones. Trustworthy they practically always are when it comes to protection. As sleezy as movies paint them in some regards the whole profession lives off the public knowledge that professional secret, never turncloaking between a client and the other party, and no dog eat dog are staples, and the whole category will do whatever in their power to make sure that reputation is preserved, or the lot falls apart.

There aren't that many Saul Goodman's of Breaking Bad out there, definitely not in the small firms taking care of IP and patent cases.
You can easily bump into incompetence or carelessness if you're not worth it or not paying a lot and frequently, and they all work by the minute, but I have -never- heard of small time lawyers turning on their client. It just doesn't work like that, and internally they police themselves to make sure it keeps not working like that.
It's the single category it's the absolute easiest to be kicked out of.

Old 03 March 2013   #19
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread