Prequels?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by noxy: I am much less fond of prequels than reboots.
The main problem is that they're used as a shortcut for storytelling that can actually diminish the thing they are a prequel to (I'm looking at you Star Wars and Prometheus).

I don't know if I could take Star Wars as an example, especially if you're talking about the CONCEPT of prequels and not necessarily the prequel films. The Clone Wars series would have to be included as prequel stories also, and seeing things like how Anakin meets Tarkin and seeing their relationship develop does not at all diminish the thing it is prequel to, but enhances it. Watching the scenes of Vader and Tarkin seems that much cooler. The same for a lot of scenes of Ben Kenobi and Like Skywalker, in light of the Clone Wars series.

Even the Revenge of the Sith prequel movie greatly enhances viewing Return of the Jedi, rather than diminish it.

As for the Hobbit, the way they strongly connect it to LOTR is exactly what they should have done, in my opinion. It makes both more enjoyable. I can't wait for a day to come when I watch them all, in extended versions, back to back.
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by fablefox: It's like going to see Rambo just to watch him picketing, putting flower on soliders gun, doing anti-war talks.

Just wanna throw in something thats always annoyed me. They RUINED John Rambo in the sequels to First Blood. First Blood is an Anti-War, Picketing, 'flower in a soldiers gun' film.

The sequels should not have been the massive action movies they were. Dammit.

03 March 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread