Is this it for our industry? Is this the best we got?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #1
Is this it for our industry? Is this the best we got?

Please understand that this is not a rhetorical question... I am honestly wondering.
I work for a major studio, maybe the major-ist. And what I see (in our industry) is a bunch of hard working, extremely talented artists, that need to fight to be "graced" with the "honor" of working on another giant sequel project for massively aged properties. "Man, I can't wait for xyz Man 16 to come out"
We are all enabled to make our own properties (via Maya, Max, etc...) and create AND DISTRIBUTE our own content (ePubs, iBooks, etc...) and yet we are supposed to fawn over what the executives determine to be "great box office entertainment". We need to support each other TO BE CREATIVE AGAIN!
Seriously... when was the last time that you were actually inspired by something new? Is there any interest or support for this??... I honestly thought (and maybe foolishly so) that the "CGSociety" was here to help... I am honestly baffled.

Old 03 March 2013   #2
You, my good sir, need to go here:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=2&t=987106

Old 03 March 2013   #3
Do you strictly need your own personal thread for this? In the same forum you just posted in there are several pertinent ones, suitable for both the pessimist (the world is ending threads), and the optimisit (if Joe Average can get rich with their IP so can I).
Participate in those with like-minded peers instead of creating new reboots of the same script

Thread Closed share thread