Zynga to close Texas, Maryland offices, consolidate NYC offices

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
Zynga to close Texas, Maryland offices, consolidate NYC offices

Quote:
"
Zynga (ZNGA) announced on its company blog that it is consolidating three of its offices. The company is closing the McKinney, Texas and downtown Austin offices and relocating those teams to existing Dallas and North Austin offices. The company will be consolidating its NYC offices, moving its staff to its NYC mobile studio. The company also announced that it will close its Baltimore studio. David Ko, Zynga's COO, said, "These changes will further enable us to focus our resources on our most strategic opportunities. We’re already working to execute on leveraging franchises to build the largest game network and be profitable on an adjusted EBITDA basis."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/zynga...CtRXR4AOHnQtDMD"
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 02 February 2013   #2
I'm sorry for the people affected, but I can't say I'm surprised at all. Zynga always absolutely screamed "bubble" to me.

Old 02 February 2013   #3
Damn, MOBILE studio? What is a big tractor trailer or something?

Old 02 February 2013   #4
I have never even heard of this company before. What did they produce ?! and yes, sorry about those who lost their jobs.

/ Magnus

Old 02 February 2013   #5
Originally Posted by Magnus3D: I have never even heard of this company before. What did they produce ?! and yes, sorry about those who lost their jobs.

/ Magnus

If you use Facebook, you may have seen Zynga games like Farmville.

Old 02 February 2013   #6
Originally Posted by Celshader: If you use Facebook, you may have seen Zynga games like Farmville.

They were also, briefly, the most valuable (in terms of stock value) game company in the world.

Old 02 February 2013   #7
Aha, yes i use Bookface and i have seen others play that crappy Farmville game. Well if that and other titles is what they made then the loss will not be a big one except for the employed people there whom i'm sure will find other jobs soon.

/ Magnus

Old 02 February 2013   #8
Originally Posted by Meloncov: They were also, briefly, the most valuable (in terms of stock value) game company in the world.

They probably should have sold and got out at that pont.

Old 02 February 2013   #9
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread