Starting in Animation

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
Starting in Animation

Hello everyone! I do hope this is in the correct section, but I'm not sure what better one it would fit into.

Basically, I want to animate. I failed out of college when I couldn't find anything I wanted to do more, people I knew would tell me that getting a serious job in computer graphics was a pipe dream. Well, I've decided to get serious.

My plans are to attend Animation Mentor this coming August. I have subscribed to Digital Tutors in the meantime, and learned quite alot. I've been tinkering with everything since I was 14, but Digital Tutor and the like have really brought my skills up to a new level. I don't have anything amazing to show off yet, but I'm hoping that Animation Mentor will help me become a professional. My goals afterwards is to move to LA probably, and get a job at a gaming company. It's always been my dream and passion to work on games.

My question to my fellow digital artists is: Are my goals realistic? What can I work on? Am I missing huge steps? How could I get career experience while in school?

As it stands, I'm rather good at animating for having no professional teaching, not the best at rigging (To be honest, I just need to do it more), not great at modelling, and not good at all when it comes to 2D. I've been using Maya mainly, with some 3DS Max.

If this is in the wrong section, please let me know so I can delete it or a mod can move it. Thank you all.

Old 02 February 2013   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread