Raw video footages?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
Raw video footages?

Hi,

Don't know whether this is the right section to post it. I am looking for video footages of a skyline of any city where there is clear view of a some of buildings and of which I am going to use one of the buildings to build an explosion in 3ds max & FumeFX. Where can I find one? Tried searching for it all over the internet and found some which are so expensive and also thought of download from the youtube but couldn't get any good ones.

Please point me some good ones.

Thanks all

Old 02 February 2013   #2
Do you not know anyone with a camera? Surely someone you know must have a Canon DSLR.

Old 02 February 2013   #3
Oh no, I don't know anybody who has a good camera good camera. First of all I am looking for footages shot from the helicopter.

Thanks

Old 02 February 2013   #4
Improvise.

Does it really need to be from a helicopter? How about taking footage or a still from a skyscraper?

You could very easily recreate a helicopter shot by reprojecting stills onto geometry. A small compact digital stills camera would suffice.

Old 02 February 2013   #5
Or off the CN tower.

though... you know... wait for the wind to die down before you go for the exterior walkabout.

Old 02 February 2013   #6
Hi Will Earl,

As I was not getting anything on what I am looking for, I am right now working on exactly what you mentioned. Ideas come in very late to me sometimes. A still picture can be made into a video that is shot from a helicopter and I remember doing something like that long time back.

Thanks Will

Old 02 February 2013   #7
Sure DanHibiki

Planning on something like that now and I feel that will work very weel for me.

Thanks

Old 02 February 2013   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread