Now this is Animation!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #61
I think the Wilhelm was deliberate

Old 01 January 2013   #62
That was just purely amazing. Great message and easy to appreciate as it is. I loved to character design and fast pace of the story.

Old 01 January 2013   #63
Absolutely brilliant. This is the best short I have ever seen. I love the style, love the humor, love the settings and the characters. What I loved most of all was the message. It was never about finding yourself in life, it was about making yourself. I think a lot of people on this site can relate. Congrats to the team who made this, and thank you.

Old 02 February 2013   #64
Thumbs up

Great story and Execution.
Speechless 9 mins.

Old 02 February 2013   #65
Originally Posted by entropymachine: I think the Wilhelm was deliberate

Well of course, it always is these days. The thing is I feel like the "in joke" is kind of dead, but people keep doing it.

Honestly it pulls me out of what I'm watching now, and not in a good way.

www.MichaelSime.com

Old 02 February 2013   #66
Originally Posted by Michael5188: Well of course, it always is these days. The thing is I feel like the "in joke" is kind of dead, but people keep doing it.

Honestly it pulls me out of what I'm watching now, and not in a good way.

I dont mind it honestly, but, as with everything, there is a time and place for it. Often times companies will just shove it in to places it doesnt belong, just because.

Old 04 April 2013   #67
"The Reward" is being turned into a series.
I guess everything has to be Kickstarted these days.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 04 April 2013   #68
Originally Posted by WyattHarris: "The Reward" is being turned into a series.
I guess everything has to be Kickstarted these days.

Wow... it's like everything is REALLY happenin' now, eh?

Old 04 April 2013   #69
I was wondering
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...thrion?ref=card

Full animated beautiful episode.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...sucker?ref=live
441,000 for an animatic??

Okay just being a hater.
I congratulate these guys. They are so awesome. I loved the style and fun in this 2d animation.

Old 04 April 2013   #70
Please note. Doing something extremely cool can build an audience. Those of us in the IP thread should take note of this progress and watch carefully how things build.
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

Old 04 April 2013   #71
Originally Posted by ThE_JacO: As a privileged white male of course I might not have the right chromosome or brain to see this horrible chauvinistic undertones and attack on feminism and womanly achievements, but then all the women around here who saw it apparently failed to be offended too (how dare they?!).

Even though I am also a priveledged white male also, I did get the under/over tones that were a bit misoginistic. It wasn't that it was overtly offensive, not at all, it's just that in that respect it was typical. Which is probably why many don't see it.

I have no issue with 99% of the film, because it was about two guys, their priorities etc. etc. But there was an opportunity missed.

In my opinion, with one minor change the whole thing could have been solved. Instead of passing the map to two boys at the end, pass the map to two girls. That's it. That little change would not have taken away from the male bonding previously and it would demonstrate that women can also be heroes in this world, not just prizes and villains.

Old 04 April 2013   #72
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread