Dead Space 3 launch trailer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #16
I hope it turns out better than Lost Planet 2.

The first LP was great. Numero 2? A waste of money.

I did play through Dead Space 2 and enjoyed it a lot...

Old 01 January 2013   #17
Why would you ever take the helmet off your hazard suit if you're fighting the Thing?

Also, why is he covering his face from the wind if clearly he has an air tight helmet on?

Old 01 January 2013   #18
Because he got insane during the previous games (lol)

Old 01 January 2013   #19
I was gobsmacked at the level of realism in the guys face when he took of his helmet near the end of the clip. It was very very well done.

Old 01 January 2013   #20
Originally Posted by Dillster: I was gobsmacked at the level of realism in the guys face when he took of his helmet near the end of the clip. It was very very well done.

sarcasm? that was an actual real actor

I want to play deadspace 3 but there's so much holding me back with all the negative news about this game;

-0% extra pc options for this game, so its going to be an exact console port (can't remember if this was the same in part 1 and 2, but they explisedly mentioned this like they where proud of it)
-Aparently best played co-op
-less horror oriented, more action oriented
-includes micro transactions for the single player game...

Old 01 January 2013   #21
Originally Posted by Pyke:

Its strange, I feel a strange kinship with this IP. It really has influenced me and my work probably as much as Star Wars and Alien. This is just killing me.

That is an awesome rendition of the Plasma Cutter. See, they should have made a light-gun version of this item and sold it with Dead Space Extraction!

The other one I would have wanted is the Divet or P-Sec pistol.

You can always stick to the ones you love. For example, I think RE: Revelations is going back to horror. I can skip that.. no worries for me.

Old 01 January 2013   #22
Originally Posted by DanHibiki: Why would you ever take the helmet off your hazard suit if you're fighting the Thing?

Also, why is he covering his face from the wind if clearly he has an air tight helmet on?

In Skyfall, why does James Bond pull out his homing device in full view of the world to switch it on when it makes more sense to turn it on in secret from within his pants pocket?

Welcome to the movies...

Old 01 January 2013   #23
Story Gameplay Trailer

They've released a new one, this time story related

Story trailer

Old 02 February 2013   #24
Feels very The Thing... Not sure I like it, without the isolation Dead Space wouldn't feel the same. It's hard to create a sense of threat and tension when you're in a non-hostile group.

Old 02 February 2013   #25
My other thought was:

"The previous Dead Space games had this premise regarding mining/working incidents so your main weapons were actually industrial tools. If this new one is an organized rescue mission then all the players should be fitted with weapons and gear resembling HALO Spartans...."

Also.. the tagline "Take Down the Terror" definitely alludes to an action-oriented angle.

Old 02 February 2013   #26
The action oriented slant doesn't really worry me that much, and the weapons being mining and engineering tools in the first were a nice design touch, but funcitionally it played like any assault weapon would.

The, relatively, novel bit was dismemberment, the right weapon for the right mob, and how they played alongside the scarce and diverse ammos. Other than the ammos being universal in 3, which I also can get over, if I had a BFG with a laser dot it'd play the same of the beam gun, and a flamethrower is a flamethrower

The accent on co-op is what I feel will completely tear it clean off its roots, and make it a DS art themed 3rd person shooter like any other, with an added mode (co-op), which apparently is really well designed, but ill fitting with the "lore" and mood of the franchise.

Old 02 February 2013   #27
Originally Posted by CGIPadawan: In Skyfall, why does James Bond pull out his homing device in full view of the world to switch it on when it makes more sense to turn it on in secret from within his pants pocket?

Welcome to the movies...
You know who didn't die of space barnacle infection? Master Chief. You know why he's not dead of space barnacle infection? Because he keeps his helmet on.

Old 02 February 2013   #28
Well, if you guys are feeling DS is getting too action orientated, there are some alternatives popping up. This indie title for instance looks interesting at least:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/12/routine/
No idea how it will play in practise, but could be quite scary.

Old 02 February 2013   #29
Originally Posted by DanHibiki: You know who didn't die of space barnacle infection? Master Chief. You know why he's not dead of space barnacle infection? Because he keeps his helmet on.

You are correct, but the strength of the space barnacle virus is totally reliant on the intent of the Director. If the Director wills it, the space barnacles can be eaten on a stick once roasted properly (see: Rat Skewer food in "Dishonored", in spite the supposedly dangerous Rat Plague).

Old 02 February 2013   #30
Originally Posted by CGIPadawan: "Dead Space 3.... featuring the music of Phil Collins..."

The cover version they used is much more appropriate for the tone of the trailer, and it actually worked really well with the timing of the edit. Too bad the actual narrative doesn't seem all that interesting.

I loved the first DP--it's my favorite survivor horror game of all time, and the second was fun, but not quite as poignant, since the emotional aspect isn't quite as poignant. The third one should just be the final chapter, where he finally infiltrates the headquarters of the cult and ends everything once and for all (not necessarily destroy the mother-of-all markers or anything of the sort, but uncover the entire conspiracy with a galaxy-wide broadcast of the truth--something along those lines).

Thread Closed share thread