The Elder Scrolls Online - The Alliances Cinematic Trailer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by squidinc: zenimax own bethesda, they can do whatever the hell they want with the elder scrolls IP
more accurately this is ZeniMax Online a Subsidiary of ZeniMax Media.

They own nothing and as far as I can tell have never made any games on their own in the past.

So... expect nothing.

01 January 2013
Does no one have any comments on how fucking amazing this cinematic is? Or is it just to the point that it's expected from Blur so it's no longer worth commenting on?

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by smibrand: Does no one have any comments on how fucking amazing this cinematic is? Or is it just to the point that it's expected from Blur so it's no longer worth commenting on?

False advertising!

I'm disappointed that there is no full length movie version and in game graphics will ultimately seem like pacman in comparison.

No seriously, do they do a making of video? That be interesting.

Jules

Last edited by Jules123 : 01 January 2013 at 08:11 AM.

01 January 2013
Anyone having warhammer online flashbacks? great cinematic, but the game probably won't last very long.
I haven't heard a single thing that seperates ES:O from any other mmo out there other then their lore.

about the cinematic: was anyone else wondering why they bothered with throwing huge rocks down the tower and not simply cut the ropes they where dangling on?

01 January 2013
Now I must agree that we kinda started talking about something different, out of the teams reach. This is a great cinematic, I would even argue that it shines more than the StarCraft II one that has a head start just for being from Blizzard.

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by j00st81: Anyone having warhammer online flashbacks? great cinematic, but the game probably won't last very long.
I haven't heard a single thing that seperates ES:O from any other mmo out there other then their lore.

about the cinematic: was anyone else wondering why they bothered with throwing huge rocks down the tower and not simply cut the ropes they where dangling on?

whenever an MMO puts one of these cinematics out I always think it's because they're hiding something and want quick sales on release day before everyone realises how crap the game is

wont be buying at launch purely because of this trailer, been burnt far too many times

01 January 2013
Really nice visuals, facials were really impressive.

Although im getting a bit tired of heroes doing impossible stuff with their eyes closed and not being somewhat tired or scratched.

01 January 2013
Looked great and quite an energetic pace, so much going on.

I was trying to figure out how or if this fits into the lore but man, it is all over the place. I'm guessing by that symbol at the end that its going to be Skyrim (under Dovahkiin?) vs. Aldmeri Dominion vs. Empire of Cyrodiil but the races are all mixed up so that's cool. If they do end up making a faction based game I wonder how they keep the population from being 90% Skyrim, lol.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by smibrand: Does no one have any comments on how fucking amazing this cinematic is? Or is it just to the point that it's expected from Blur so it's no longer worth commenting on?
Blur made every game trailer special, and now none of them are.

01 January 2013
Amazing trailer. That assasins creed looking guy was the best.

01 January 2013
Some of the shots and faces (rendering + animation) are just so real, it's incredible...

01 January 2013

Yeah that is one hell of a job right there.
Wonderful stuff.

People are passionate about games though, and it is good they are.
Cheers

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by Kanga: Yeah that is one hell of a job right there.
Wonderful stuff.

People are passionate about games though, and it is good they are.
Cheers

Yeah but after all this is cgtalk.

01 January 2013
It's a fantastic cinematic! Superb animation, rendering and visual effects all around. I'm very impressed.

Did Blur adopt HFR or what? Their latest cinematics, and this one are real smooth.

Last edited by Shletten : 01 January 2013 at 08:23 PM.

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by Shletten: It's a fantastic cinematic! Superb animation, rendering and visual effects all around. I'm very impressed.

Did Blur adopt HFR or what? Their latest cinematics, and this one are real smooth.

i dont think youtube supports hfr (yet).

Thread Closed share thread