StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm - Opening Cinematic

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #31
Originally Posted by ThE_JacO: I agree LK was, and remains, their best work direction and storytelling wise, and I'm a sucker for northern, cold settings....

Agreed. This Starcraft trailer is beautiful also, but LK is just a master piece imo.

Old 01 January 2013   #32
Wow that trailer was beautiful. Blizzard is awesome. Its crazy how far they have come from SC1 to now. Getting better and better with every game. Just the difference in SC1 to the Brood War expansion was mind blowing. Then the Diablo 2 stuff was incredible, War Craft 3 had some awesome stuff in it as well. The in-game stuff in SC2 was awesome as well if you have a decent video card to play them back on higher settings. There are only two companies imo that put this much effort into their cinematics and as of late I think Square has dropped the ball.

I really wish that Blizzard would make a SC movie. I think they could pull it off like no one else can. I just don't think Blizzard would do that as it would pull away resources from their games and the way they release games in general, we don't want that.

Old 01 January 2013   #33
Let's vote.

This:

or this:

Old 01 January 2013   #34
They both look nice, though the second one is a wallpaper and not a screenshot from a cinematic

Old 01 January 2013   #35
There was a very similar shot in the first Starcraft 2 cinematic:

Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XIi...tailpage#t=233s

Old 01 January 2013   #36
Regardless of how anyone feels about the quality, I thought it was a nice piece of work. Ultimately just about anything with really good mechanical models gets me drooling though; I love that stuff.

Old 01 January 2013   #37
I hadnt seen this:

SWEEEEEEET!

Old 01 January 2013   #38
I think The Burning Crusade cinematic was the best until recently with the cinematic for Pandaria, though Diablo3 has the best and most engaging cinamatics so far (I love the ones from warcraft 3 too).

I was a bit disappointed with the last cinematic of SC2 though.

Old 01 January 2013   #39
Anyone seen the bad animation leg of the Kerigan?

Old 01 January 2013   #40
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf: Anyone seen the bad animation leg of the Kerigan?

Man I really have to finish playing the first installment of this game.

Old 01 January 2013   #41
Originally Posted by Apoclypse: Man I really have to finish playing the first installment of this game.

Hah, 3 years later

Old 01 January 2013   #42
I think that's incredible work.

Old 01 January 2013   #43
I could watch this on repeat for hours. Blizzard cinematics are the best.

But i must say this reminded me more of a Halo-ish trailer than a starcraft trailer.
I prefer the direction of their previous trailers much more.

Also, i think there will be quite a lot of disappointed protos players after watching this. Theres no protos units in it (and no, im a terran ).

Old 01 January 2013   #44
There are lots of Dark Templars allover the cinematic, they just have their invisibility cloaks on

Old 01 January 2013   #45
Originally Posted by entropymachine: There are lots of Dark Templars allover the cinematic, they just have their invisibility cloaks on

I kept shouting at the Zerg to fungal (fungal!!) but no.

Thread Closed share thread