Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 01-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #31
plastic
Down With The Industry

portfolio
Marc Lorenz
Vienna, Austria

Wow, that MAMA short IS scary.
Anyone knows a link to a version without introduction? I want to freak out my fb friends.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #32
hypercube
frontier psychiatrist

portfolio
Daryl Bartley
vfx goon / gfx ho
hypercube
Los Angeles, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic
Wow, that MAMA short IS scary.
Anyone knows a link to a version without introduction? I want to freak out my fb friends.

The non-intro version also retains the ending, which was cut off for some reason..

http://vimeo.com/10456782

Old 01-22-2013, 12:32 AM   #33
CGIPadawan
Part-Time Blenderite

Giancarlo Ng
Quezon City, Philippines

Send a message via Yahoo to CGIPadawan
Quote:
Originally Posted by teruchan
Any guesses as to why Reversion isn't on this list of nine? I thought it looked much better than the recent all CGI Starship Troopers film that came out recently. Of course, maybe you already have your deal and are just being hush hush about it.

I can't see Youtube or blogspot websites, so I was never able to follow the production. I finally found it on a local site and it was a treat to see. There is no question that it is very polished and professional. As for story, I didn't feel it lacking at all. Maybe I am reading more into it than was intended, but I thought the guy who became a monster was someone she knew, someone close to her. Either way, there is more than enough there to be expanded into a feature, with events that take place before and after what we see.

With the exception of Rosa and R'HA, the shorts on that list all seem to employ live actors. I wonder if that makes the difference in how they are perceived by Hollywood.

The short of it is: "If you build it.. they will come."
Asides from the quality of the finish, people want to look for "finishers". People who know how to get to the end. That's very important to them.

As to the story, you are not reading too much into it. The fact is, we couldn't tell everything in the 11 minute time frame. :P

The question of using live action does not factor into whether you get a call. It does matter for some potential takers AFTER the call, because if you do something with guns and explosions, some of them can't see it as an animated film and doing well.

In Asia, it is a different story (hint hint).

Oh and thanks for liking it, too.

Last edited by CGIPadawan : 01-22-2013 at 01:14 AM.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:24 AM   #34
eliseu gouveia
Engine of Creation

Eliseu Gouveia
Comicbook Artist
Portugal

This reminds me of that Rosa CG movie from a spanish guy who did it all by himself and ended up being picked by a studio, whatever happened to that project?

Old 01-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #35
CGIPadawan
Part-Time Blenderite

Giancarlo Ng
Quezon City, Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliseu gouveia
This reminds me of that Rosa CG movie from a spanish guy who did it all by himself and ended up being picked by a studio, whatever happened to that project?

I can categorically state that Rosa is still in development at 20th Century Fox.
Also, partially in reference to dialogue I had with Teruchan.. I can very much deduce that when Rosa is done it will NOT be an animated film.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:49 AM   #36
rblitz7
Lord of the posts

Richie Blitz
animation artist
Los Angeles, CA, USA

Send a message via AIM to rblitz7
True Skin works more as a pitch for a feature film then for a short film. I didn't really like it. Everything is said in voice over, not much storytelling shown.

I think Alma is amazing. Feature could be interesting but it works so well as a short. I love it.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #37
malcolmvexxed
World's largest midget

portfolio
Stephen Broome Broome
Freelance illustrator and web designer
San Diego, USA

Send a message via Yahoo to malcolmvexxed
i09 is so hackish with their articles. Lots of old stuff in here.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:06 AM   #38
AangtheAvatar
Banned
portfolio
Aang Airbender
Air Temple, USA

Can you tell us more about your experience CGI Padiwan? Offers, deals, notices.
Have famous people talked to you? Any deals or good things come after the short is done and shown? How are you moving forward with momentum?

Quote:
The short of it is: "If you build it.. they will come." Asides from the quality of the finish, people want to look for "finishers". People who know how to get to the end. That's very important to them.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:01 AM   #39
CGIPadawan
Part-Time Blenderite

Giancarlo Ng
Quezon City, Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by AangtheAvatar
Can you tell us more about your experience CGI Padiwan? Offers, deals, notices.
Have famous people talked to you? Any deals or good things come after the short is done and shown? How are you moving forward with momentum?

I can't talk about everything. But it's a small world, and when I see the names attached with studios/producers to some of these short films it makes me happy to see that some people I met because of REVERSION are staying busy.

What I will say is that when you do finish your film. Anyone you talk to is a potential possibility. Six degrees of separation apply. Especially at festivals. Remember that officials, judges, or even the TV network that might be there covering the event for the local news. They potentially know someone who can move the process forward if they cannot already move it themselves.

But you need to approach them. It's a bit like being in a trade fair, to be honest.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:01 AM   #40
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread