First Cyberpunkt 2077 Trailer (CD Project Dev of The Witcher Series)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #1
First Cyberpunkt 2077 Trailer (CD Projekt Red Dev of The Witcher Series)

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs

Music Track used (Band: Archive Track: Bullets)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6nbFZtxAL4

The stone had skidded arc'd and bloomed into islands
Kamau Brathwaite

Last edited by Solothores : 01 January 2013 at 09:22 PM.

Old 01 January 2013   #2
Kick ass!

Got such a good Bubblegum Crisis buzz from that.

Old 01 January 2013   #3
Teaser for the full trailer on which again Tomek Bagiński and Platige Image have been involved

http://www.platige.com/en/page/237-Tomek_Baginski

Quote:
Bagiński was also responsible for directing the iconic cinematics for “The Witcher”, “The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings” and “Cyberpunk 2077” all of which were released by CD Projekt RED.

Kamau Brathwaite

Old 01 January 2013   #4
The best thing about CD Projekt RED is that they don't put DRM in their games.

They tried DRM for Witcher 2 - it was cracked in 2 hours.

They've since announced that they won't "use DRM future in games".

Witcher 2 sold well despite being unprotected.

Old 01 January 2013   #5
Tomek Bagiński has always been a reference since The Cathedral. Would probably just change the song used.

Old 01 January 2013   #6
Editorially doesn't make a bit of sense, but hey, look, cool looking shots of cool looking stuff.

I did play the book RPG back in the day, that was just 2020, so could be an interesting world set 57 years later.

Old 01 January 2013   #7
Originally Posted by hypercube: Editorially doesn't make a bit of sense, but hey, look, cool looking shots of cool looking stuff.

Look for the 'scar' on the cheek - it makes more sense then combined with the matching goggles (though the caption gives it away).

Old 01 January 2013   #8
Originally Posted by hypercube: Editorially doesn't make a bit of sense, but hey, look, cool looking shots of cool looking stuff.

I did play the book RPG back in the day, that was just 2020, so could be an interesting world set 57 years later.

From the Video Description:

The teaser shows how the Psycho Squad might acquire a new member.

The Psycho Squad specializes in combating "psychos" -- individuals who overuse implants and substances that boost or otherwise alter the human body.

There comes a point when they overdose on these innovations, and their bodies start to rebel against their biological body parts as well as all things organic around them. Simply put, they start killing people, who they now derisively call "meatbags."

When a psycho goes on the rampage, strange things can happen. There's carnage, and the psycho might be taken down by regular police, but they're not always able to get the job done.

When things spin out of control, they call in MAX-TAC (Maximum Force Tactical Division), popularly called the Psycho Squad.

And from the Cyberpunk 2020 Handbook:

The Cyberpunk world has psychos that take cybernetization of their bodies too far, they essentialy become machines or psychopats. In such a case a special squad of policemen is called to action. They have the best weapons money can buy and their only aim is to fight cyber criminals.

Now what most people don't know is that this squad (Psycho Squad) consists of former psychopats. What they are expected to do is to capture such a person and deliver her/him to a secure facility. Then they perform a brainwash session (Braindance in game).

After few of such sessions the former criminal becomes an obedient machine in the hands of law enforcement. He is then included in the Psycho Squad to hunt people that are like he/she was before.

Kamau Brathwaite

Last edited by Solothores : 01 January 2013 at 07:04 AM.

Old 01 January 2013   #9
I understand what happens to her at the end, I'm saying the transition from slow motion shooting to the guy coming up behind her etc. it's all very strange if you try and play the events out in real time..

Why would they be shooting if he is coming up into their field of fire, and why would even the regular cops be armed with such ineffective weapons if they are routinely dealing with powerful cyborgs? Why would their shots be going so wide if she's sitting there catatonic?

Just stuff like that. I just thought it was one of those things where they boarded out some cool visuals and strung them together without paying a lot of attention to narrative (even though there is some).

Old 01 January 2013   #10
The style and architecture reminds me of Judge Dread.

"I am, the LAW!"

Old 01 January 2013   #11
Originally Posted by hypercube: I understand what happens to her at the end, I'm saying the transition from slow motion shooting to the guy coming up behind her etc. it's all very strange if you try and play the events out in real time..

Why would they be shooting if he is coming up into their field of fire, and why would even the regular cops be armed with such ineffective weapons if they are routinely dealing with powerful cyborgs? Why would their shots be going so wide if she's sitting there catatonic?

Just stuff like that. I just thought it was one of those things where they boarded out some cool visuals and strung them together without paying a lot of attention to narrative (even though there is some).

There are some hidden messages in the trailer pointing out that this is just a teaser for the full trailer that doesn't seem to be produced yet and that the targeted release date for Cyberpunk 2077 is somewhere in 2015. I can only speculate but guess it's just a mood piece at this stage, showcasing a glimpse for one of the central elements, the overuse of cybernetics turning people into psychopaths and some of their relation in that specific society. About the "SWAT" like Cops shooting and that MAX-TAC entering the cone of fire, I interpret it as the typical bad-ass display showing that guy being augmented in speed etc. The bullets missing and shattering at the augmented skin of the girl, yeah I can see how that is a bit strange if this showcases a threat that is dealt with regularly.

Kamau Brathwaite

Old 01 January 2013   #12
Originally Posted by hypercube: I understand what happens to her at the end, I'm saying the transition from slow motion shooting to the guy coming up behind her etc. it's all very strange if you try and play the events out in real time..

All of this had me baffled, too. But then I also asked myself, If she's obviously a cyborg, why is she (it?) wearing clothes? It's not like they are hiding the fact that she's (it's?) a cyborg.

Old 01 January 2013   #13
Blade Runner, is that you?

Old 01 January 2013   #14
Originally Posted by Artbot: All of this had me baffled, too. But then I also asked myself, If she's obviously a cyborg, why is she (it?) wearing clothes? It's not like they are hiding the fact that she's (it's?) a cyborg.

Data was fully equipped. I'm glad they put cloths on him. :P

Old 01 January 2013   #15
The "making of" article here *edit* - sorry the board is censoring the url.

Couldn't help to smirk a little with:

"Video games frequently feature banally designed female characters, composed of the same hackneyed elements."

Its not as if a female android in a corset is that far away from it

Considering the concepts, its a shame those nice environments didn't appear more in the trailer to give it a more "open" feeling, maybe in the next one.

Last edited by entropymachine : 01 January 2013 at 09:55 AM.

Thread Closed share thread