2012 OSCAR Nominaions

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
Why do I get the feeling that "Lincoln" will be walking away with Best Picture and Best Actor?

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by DePaint: Does anyone know who is nominated for the Technical and Scientific Academy Awards this year?

I've tried Googling it, and all I find is info about the SciTech 2011 winners...

Has the list of SciTech nominees been announced yet?

http://www.cgsociety.org/index.php/...car_tech_awards

01 January 2013
surprised to find the dark knight rises missing in all categories...

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by karthikarctic: surprised to find the dark knight rises missing in all categories...

Well, we'll never know how Christopher Nolan reacted to that.

But here for all to see is how Steven Spielberg reacted to being snubbed in 1976 for JAWS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mgrxvTdl-Q

01 January 2013
Dark Knight should have gotten some tech categories but it really doesn't stand up to the rest in the other areas.

Rooting for ParaNorman and Life of Pi, but I have a feeling the Oscar-machine monster truck of Spielberg and Day-Lewis will steamroll everyone in their categories.

01 January 2013
Very Interesting nominees in Vfx category .All of them did some top notch work.

but Dark Knight rises is missing....:/

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by CGIPadawan: Why do I get the feeling that "Lincoln" will be walking away with Best Picture and Best Actor?

I have the same feeling, but I won't be surprised if it does. I kind of want Denzel Washington to win Best Actor.

01 January 2013
I cross my fingers for ParaNorman, it is just one of the best animated movie i've seen since Coraline ... , visually the movie is stunning, I LOVE YOU laika studio ! your movie doesn't make so much money but they are so REFRESHING !

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by CGIPadawan: Why do I get the feeling that "Lincoln" will be walking away with Best Picture and Best Actor?

I haven't even seen it yet, but when the first poster was released some time ago i really thought that the combination of Spielberg directing + Daniel Day Lewis as lead was an Oscar magnet the moment they greenlit the movie.

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by SebKaine: I cross my fingers for ParaNorman, it is just one of the best animated movie i've seen since Coraline ... , visually the movie is stunning, I LOVE YOU laika studio ! your movie doesn't make so much money but they are so REFRESHING !

YES!

However, I do afraid that if they DO WIN, people will say because of the ending, after all, people know what government want to push now.

And if they DIDN"T WIN, obviously its because of the ending too!

I know, I know.

Oh well, but I really hope they do win! It just awesome!

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by Dirtvic: but Dark Knight rises is missing....:/

I watched Dark Knight Rises for the first time the other day, on video-on-demand, and to be perfectly honest, I didn't think it was a particularly brilliant film...

Was it terrible? No. Not at all. But it had some glaring flaws in terms of editing and storytelling, and it was nowhere as good, overall, as some people made it out be.

I'd give Dark Knight Rises a 6 out of 10 score. And that isn't exactly Oscar territory...

The only thing I really liked about DKR was Anne Hathaway's performance. I thought she was pretty good as Selena Kyle...

My 2 Cents

01 January 2013
Lincoln was boring, pretentious and cliche. I can't understand the praises showered on that movie. I grant you the acting was good, but the writing seriously lacking.

The Dark Knight had me in stitches, laughing all the way... The VFX was great but the rest...omg... and Bane's voice made him the most hilarious villain ever. I'm not even going to go into all the plot holes

Rooting for Paranorman, a great little movie!

Last edited by Intervain : 01 January 2013 at 12:19 AM.

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by Intervain: Lincoln was boring, pretentious and cliche. I can't understand the praises showered on that movie. I grant you the acting was good, but the writing seriously lacking.

The Dark Knight had me in stitches, laughing all the way... The VFX was great but the rest...omg... and Bane's voice made him the most hilarious villain ever. I'm not even going to go into all the plot holes

Rooting for Paranorman, a great little movie!

I actually found Lincoln quite refreshing and informative. It does require listening skills though.

My personal favorite movie of the year was Killing Them Softly, but it seems to have slipped under the radar.

01 January 2013
Its a real shame that the Eagleman Stag wasn't nominated for short animation category.

https://vimeo.com/41756240

Thread Closed share thread