|01 January 2013||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2008
BBC - The Future of Television @ CES
The BBC reports on a bunch of innovative stuff that could change the way Television is watched:
- Huge 4K and 8K displays up to 110" in size and up to 33 MegaPixels in resolution
- New OLED TVs with much improved color and contrast fidelity
- A Samsung Concept TV that is completely transparent/see-through like a glass window, and can be used for Augmented Reality applications
- Laser projectors that sit on the living room floor and create a 100" image on a wall
- A Russian Holographic TV prototype that projects a TV image or graphics into thin-air by using a humidifier to create a curtain of water vapour over the unit that images can then be projected onto
Strangely enough, the TV manufacturers seem to have given up on 3D TVs with 3D glasses.
The new strategy appears to revolve all around 4K/8K UHDTVs that give a good sense of depth without needing 3D & 3D Glasses...
|01 January 2013||#2|
Washington DC, USA
Samsung shows off Youm flexible display
|01 January 2013||#3|
Join Date: Sep 2003
Thread automatically closed
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
|Thread Closed share thread|