Greeting CGSociety

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
Greeting CGSociety

Hello all. I didn't see an introduction area so i'll post one here. This is probably the best category to do so.

I'm Andy, 26, father of 2, former Marine, Aspiring Graphic artist. I have been drawing/painting since October 2012. I was medically seperated from Active Duty in 2011 and was in a very depressed state. I started painting with Acrylics on Canvas in October 2011 when i decided to make my wife a birthday present.

My favorite Paninting. Tree in a Field

Lake infront of Mountians

I know i'm no picasso, I have a ways to learn... But with Youtube, Message boards, Art Schoool (starting this year I hope), and time i will get it down!

In November 2011 I found the work of Feng Zhu on youtube while browsing painting videos, trying to get better, and tried messing around with some stuff in photoshop. I was instantly hooked. Having a background in Professional E-Sports I contacted some of my buddies and made Graphic Design images for them. Logo's, Overlays, Backgrounds, things of this nature. I took skills i learned from painting and applied them to the design. I pride myself knowing I make everything from scratch and don't copy and paste like i see some do.

Starcraft 2 Streaming Overlay

Call of Duty Team Logo (this is what he wanted. I don't like the logo, but compositionally i like it. He drew the logo and had arrows designating what he would like there. I added the shadows and texture of which he was not expecting)

My Logo. A few of my friends said i should start doing these for the community, and i should brand them, and make a few $. I usually do not charge for my graphics since i'm very very new, but 5$ here and there makes it worthwhile!

Team Aspiration Gaming Jersey. I started to add backgrounds to make the images more professional. I haven't perfected it 100% but i'm grasping the concept. As we see with my logo i'm slowly getting it.

Twitch.tv Header/BG for a friend
One of my personal Favorites!

Well that is a little about me and my work. I would love to become an artist in the entertainment industy. I am not sure where I want to be, but eventually would love to become a concept designer (don't everyone!). If I make it Great! If not, at least I tried. Here is an idea i had of a "character". Horribly rendered but i got the concept down!

I sign everything because i'm proud of my work. I need to move the signature on this one though :/

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and i look forward to talking to everyone! I am doing my best at learning, any critiques/help is greatly appriciated.

I own a sketchbook, which nobody will probably ever see, as well as a website/gallery... However I must redo it because IMO its not professional!

Happy Drawing!

Andy

01 January 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread