Man of Steel Official Trailer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #16
There was a time when they hardly ever did origin stories. Tarzan, Superman and Batman in the 40s, or the 60s. It was just accepted you have a super hero with a back story--f**k it and let's get on with the adventure.

Old 12 December 2012   #17
Boooo! I mean I'm sure it well be better than Superman returns.

Interesting look, no way. It is the same greyed out camera Nolan does on all his movies. Can he get a different color palate. I think it is dumb to have a dark Superman for the sake of being dark. Really? Superman is a boy scout not a hobo.

I also hated that speech the dad had with him. "What was I going to do, let them drown" "We got to keep your secret" eh? Why?

Superman dark for the sake of being dark. Superman is a beacon of light and hope. He is what man can aspire to. I wish they took the color from the last Superman and added the edge of this Superman together. Superman is not supposed to be dark. Batman is supposed to be dark. On the JLA they would contrast each other.

The costume is garbage.
I mean it is better than this garbage.

But stick to the program. Putting Bat nipples on an outfit made Batman look cheesy. Chris Nolan's made it look cool and realistic looking and still maintained the dark look and feel of Batman.
This costume looks like a bunch of basketball skins sewed together. Why do folks keep doing that? Superman's costume is iconic and old. Change the shape, the S location and size and some of the colors a bit but it still needs to be that icon. This costume is just a joke.

Zod? Hasn't that been done before? Can we get Superman to freakin punch something BIG? And not a giant spider or kryptonite island.

The trailer itself looks okay but really just so dorky trying to play of Batman.
I'm sure it was some cocaine addicted exec striking again.

Exec 1: sniff. Hey Chris Nolan. Look dude I loved what you did on Inception. Can you do that with Superman.
Nolan: Sure, you mean deep and meaningful?
Exec 2: Yeah that and dark.
Nolan: You mean take him to a dark place.
Exec 1: No that dark color you use all the time. We want it dark. That is why people liked Execption and Dark Knight.
Nolan: Its INception and people liked it because it was a good movie.
Exec 2: Exemption yeah whatever and no people like it because it was dark colored.
Exec 1: Dark colored Superman....

Well you know how that plays out.

I sure hope Superman punches something, anything this movie. And not a normal human.
Ummmm....didn't we have a whole Zod season on Smallville?

Old 12 December 2012   #18
Whelp looks good to me! Nice visuals, rousing score, descent performances, like where the story is going.

Far more than I was expecting, tbh.

Old 12 December 2012   #19
Originally Posted by AangtheAvatar: Boooo! I mean I'm sure it well be better than Superman returns.

Interesting look, no way. It is the same greyed out camera Nolan does on all his movies. Can he get a different color palate. I think it is dumb to have a dark Superman for the sake of being dark. Really? Superman is a boy scout not a hobo.

I also hated that speech the dad had with him. "What was I going to do, let them drown" "We got to keep your secret" eh? Why?

Superman dark for the sake of being dark. Superman is a beacon of light and hope. He is what man can aspire to. I wish they took the color from the last Superman and added the edge of this Superman together. Superman is not supposed to be dark. Batman is supposed to be dark. On the JLA they would contrast each other.

The costume is garbage.
I mean it is better than this garbage.

But stick to the program. Putting Bat nipples on an outfit made Batman look cheesy. Chris Nolan's made it look cool and realistic looking and still maintained the dark look and feel of Batman.
This costume looks like a bunch of basketball skins sewed together. Why do folks keep doing that? Superman's costume is iconic and old. Change the shape, the S location and size and some of the colors a bit but it still needs to be that icon. This costume is just a joke.

Zod? Hasn't that been done before? Can we get Superman to freakin punch something BIG? And not a giant spider or kryptonite island.

The trailer itself looks okay but really just so dorky trying to play of Batman.
I'm sure it was some cocaine addicted exec striking again.

Exec 1: sniff. Hey Chris Nolan. Look dude I loved what you did on Inception. Can you do that with Superman.
Nolan: Sure, you mean deep and meaningful?
Exec 2: Yeah that and dark.
Nolan: You mean take him to a dark place.
Exec 1: No that dark color you use all the time. We want it dark. That is why people liked Execption and Dark Knight.
Nolan: Its INception and people liked it because it was a good movie.
Exec 2: Exemption yeah whatever and no people like it because it was dark colored.
Exec 1: Dark colored Superman....

Well you know how that plays out.

I sure hope Superman punches something, anything this movie. And not a normal human.
Ummmm....didn't we have a whole Zod season on Smallville?

Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they

Old 12 December 2012   #20
Hmmmm...im looking forward to it, but im not gettign my hopes up. This isnt Superman. Superman should be light, not darkness. They should have done what they did with Captain America in the Avengers. Snyder has has as many fails as wins so it could swing either way

Old 12 December 2012   #21
Originally Posted by DutchDimension: Smallville flashback.

YES! The ONE thing I thought it had going for it was that it did give off a Smallville vibe, like it would be a great followup to that show. Still, the plastic dude flying around just kills it for me. I guess I will never get to believe a man can fly again. It's almost like they MADE his suit to look CG so they could "get away" with poor quality doubles for flying. No effort to make it look real.

I'm going to have to pass... Hoping for a more convincing trailer 3.
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

Old 12 December 2012   #22
I think it's definitely a different take on Superman.

Not very happy with the Kevin Costner character sort of suggesting that Clark should have let the children on the bus die.

I would have preferred that when Clark retorts: "What was I going to do? Let the children die?", that Costner's character just... looks anguished... but doesn't answer.

He knows it would have been wrong.

Old 12 December 2012   #23
oh, it looks great!! Never thought i would say this about a superman movie, but i am so looking forward to this

Old 12 December 2012   #24
Wink Good

The trailer is good. And I want to watch this movie at the cinema, out of respect to Snyder (I only watch Watchmen on the DVD, and it was good).

I loved Superman Returns for certain reason. And Superman Return is NOT origin story (i think one poster thought it was).

I do agree on the iconic though. Superman doesn't supposed to be dark.

anyway, since the trailer didn't mention enough info, i guess i'll wait for the movie before write more. but i will watch it at the cinema.

but why kevin costner? John Schneider is legendary enough.

Old 12 December 2012   #25
I think it looks even more interesting now- looking forward to it.

Old 12 December 2012   #26
By the way, if Superman have superpowers, why does he have a six pack and tons of muscles? He should be scrawny as hell because, having superpowers, he never get to use his muscles. Are his powers somehow linked with his muscles? That he have more powers in his arms than his left little toe?

Answer that!

Old 12 December 2012   #27
Originally Posted by earwax69: By the way, if Superman have superpowers, why does he have a six pack and tons of muscles? He should be scrawny as hell because, having superpowers, he never get to use his muscles. Are his powers somehow linked with his muscles? That he have more powers in his arms than his left little toe?

Answer that!

Because that would look like this

Old 12 December 2012   #28
Originally Posted by earwax69: By the way, if Superman have superpowers, why does he have a six pack and tons of muscles? He should be scrawny as hell because, having superpowers, he never get to use his muscles. Are his powers somehow linked with his muscles? That he have more powers in his arms than his left little toe?

Answer that!

Always loved that scene in The Incredibles when you see Mr. Incredible working out at the train yards, kinda showed how someone with super strength stays in shape.

Don't think superman ever works out though...

www.MichaelSime.com

Old 12 December 2012   #29
How would superman work out, he'd have to bench press planets.

This looks good from the trailer, maybe taking itself a bit too seriously though. I like the thought that Superman was not told to be good. But came to that realisation of what he could be.

Old 12 December 2012   #30
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread