New Blue Sky Studios' Epic trailer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2012   #16
The main character (male thief) from tangled is making a come back!!!

Old 03 March 2013   #17
New trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSbH...player_embedded
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 03 March 2013   #18
Every time something serious/cool/exciting is happening, I'm wanting to see it.

Then they show a joke...

Seriously. Every, single, joke bombs. Who's writing these??

One reason I loved Kung Fu Panda so much was the jokes were funny, and the action was actually really well made. Both held up. Looks like this one is weak on one front.

www.MichaelSime.com

Old 03 March 2013   #19
There were jokes in there?

This looks like a sloppy mashup of Tangled, Fern Gully, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, and A Bug's Life.

Old 03 March 2013   #20
Massive disconnect between the non-jokey and jokey stuff.

It's like Michael Bay style HERE COMES THE COMEDY. *spaz*

Old 03 March 2013   #21
If the trailers are anything to go by then I'll give this a miss. Feel like I saw it all in the 80s with Fern Gully and Honey I Shrunk The Kids (or was that the early 90s?)
And yeah, dumb jokes, not even pun funny, just bland.

Old 03 March 2013   #22
Originally Posted by Horganovski: ... Nice to see Flynn from Tangled getting more acting work, hope he doesn't get typecast though

Cheers,
Brian

Nice catch, I tried to remember where I saw that character before

Anyway, it looks like a nice film to go with your kids.

Old 03 March 2013   #23
looks pretty good Never thought i would hear snow patrol in an animated movie

Old 03 March 2013   #24
I've really had enough of this. I just can't get into this stuff anymore. Even without the ghetto slug, which surely ruins any feeling I might have had for it, the monotony of these movies is starting to make them all uninteresting. I remember seeing a cool CG character pic somewhere and thinking, Why don't make CG movies like this?

Usually when I download an HD trailer from Apple, I save them and keep them until I see the film. Not this one.
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

Last edited by teruchan : 03 March 2013 at 01:21 PM.

Old 03 March 2013   #25
Epic Official Trailer 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=GKVO6YRJQTo

embedded

Old 03 March 2013   #26
The voice acting in this movie is underwhelming. Christoph Waltz sounds narcoleptic when he delivers the line:
I'm going to destroy the forest but I'm only going to do it once so pay attention.
Anyone who has seen Django Unchained or Inglorious Bastards knows that he can do better. He doesn't even come across as a 'bored' villain like Alan Rickman. Listen to Benedict Cumberbatch in the latest Star Trek trailer. Now that's an evil voice. Why does Beyonce have a cheap echo effect on her voice?

The benefit of having these big name stars means little if it gives the animators little to work with. How many kids knew who Ed Asner was before seeing Up?

Old 05 May 2013   #27
saw the film and liked it a lot.

BUT...
The voice acting went the full spectrum,
from decent (Colin Farrell as Ronin) to God Awful and I mean BAD(Beyonce I am looking at you)
Hell she should be tried from crimes against animation.

Blue Sky needed someone like Andrea Romano to do the voice recording sessions for them.

Having said that, the movie is a feast for the senses.
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Last edited by RobertoOrtiz : 05 May 2013 at 03:19 AM.

Old 09 September 2013   #28
I liked this movie a lot more than I thought I would. I've seen it twice on DVD and really enjoyed it both times. Other commentors are correct in that the voice acting is all over the place both in quality and character, but the three leads are all decent (MK, leaf-boy and Ronin). The story is well-paced and moves along well, and even has a few not-so-dumb script touches here and there. It's gorgeous to look at and the inventiveness of some of the gags is outstanding (Ronin jumping into his saddle, for one).

But what really blew me away was the blocking and staging. The camera (even though virtual) was inspired, and the action set-pieces were stunning. The character designs looked like they were from 3 different movies, but it wasn't too distracting. Something I thought was strange was how well they handled obviously very complicated rigs and set-ups, but some of the basic animation of simply walking was a little light or stiff. But that's a minor complaint for what was overall a very well-made and enjoyable movie.

Old 09 September 2013   #29
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread