Trailer for Grand Theft Auto V

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2012   #1
Trailer for Grand Theft Auto V

http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?n...3DVzue74y7A8 4
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 11 November 2012   #2
That would be so much better if it wasn't designed for stone age consoles.

Old 11 November 2012   #3
Originally Posted by BigPixolin: That would be so much better if it wasn't designed for stone age consoles.

Yeah, looks current-gen, so nothing interesting.

Old 11 November 2012   #4
The music was absolutely absurd and out of place.
I've always found these games cheesy and this trailer is exactly that.

I'm sure it will sell millions though, violence never goes out of style...

Old 11 November 2012   #5
I think it looks a great deal better than GTA IV. The lighting and textures look great, they seem to have put a lot of effort into the characters, with the facial expressions especially looking better, and the FX look like they've seen a lot of love as well.. It seems like they borrowed a lot of tricks from their work on Red Dead Redemption. Definitely still current gen, but using every bit of it well.

Originally Posted by BigPixolin: That would be so much better if it wasn't designed for stone age consoles.

If there were a better console on the market right now, I'm sure Rockstar would be all over that.

Last edited by noouch : 11 November 2012 at 05:44 PM.

Old 11 November 2012   #6
I'm actually surprised they can get that out of the current consoles.

Old 11 November 2012   #7
The first trailer looked much much better visually as well as atmospherically, PC version perhaps? It's almost like a completely different game engine.

Edit - here's a link to the original GTAV trailer for comparison : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkoHAzjnUs

Last edited by Per-Anders : 11 November 2012 at 02:23 AM.

Old 11 November 2012   #8
Originally Posted by noouch: I think it looks a great deal better than GTA IV. The lighting and textures look great, they seem to have put a lot of effort into the characters, with the facial expressions especially looking better, and the FX look like they've seen a lot of love as well.. It seems like they borrowed a lot of tricks from their work on Red Dead Redemption. Definitely still current gen, but using every bit of it well.

If there were a better console on the market right now, I'm sure Rockstar would be all over that.

Are you sure it looks better than GTA IV?

GRAND THEFT AUTO IV

Edit:

Ok here are direct comparisons. GTA V definitely looks a step-up overall:
GTAForums.com compares GTA IV and V graphics

Last edited by CGIPadawan : 11 November 2012 at 12:46 AM.

Old 11 November 2012   #9
Originally Posted by CGIPadawan: Ok here are direct comparisons. GTA V definitely looks a step-up overall:GTAForums.com compares GTA IV and V graphics

Interesting, I always found the look of San Andreas and GTA IV to be kind of 'muddy' for want of a better term. In the new one the characters seem a lot more readable against the background. I guess the lighting plays a big part in this.

Cheers,
Brian

Old 11 November 2012   #10
The dialogue and story has always been one of the best things about GTA in my opinion. I was pretty impressed with the graphics in GTA 4 so I don't really mind if they more or less stay the same. I'm sure it will be slightly better. Certainly looking forward to GTA on Xbox 720 though.

Old 11 November 2012   #11
Originally Posted by darthviper107: I'm actually surprised they can get that out of the current consoles.

Exactly, current gen, next gen, who cares? It's all just mindless fun that keeps us from questioning the relevance of our lives long enough to keep us doing anything productive with our time!

Last edited by JoshBowman : 11 November 2012 at 08:12 AM.

Old 11 November 2012   #12
i am really looking forward to play this game

Old 11 November 2012   #13
Originally Posted by darthviper107: I'm actually surprised they can get that out of the current consoles.
They still have to prove that. For all we know the trailer was made on a high-end PC. Granted, RDR looked gorgeous for the most part, but that was huge strips of empty prarie. GTA4 didn't look THAT good on consoles - especially the sub-HD resolution bothered me a great deal.

I hope they finally manage to have GTA5 run at 720p on consoles. At least they toned down those stupid blur and glow effects GTA4 suffered from.

But, apart from graphics, I know I'm still going to have tons of fun with GTA5. Bring it!

Old 11 November 2012   #14
Originally Posted by JoshBowman: Exactly, current gen, next gen, who cares? It's all just mindless fun that keeps us from questioning the relevance of our lives long enough to keep us doing anything productive with our time!

It's not like I care, it is that I can't stop noticing and looking and all the horrible AA. For some reason my brain just focuses on that.

Old 11 November 2012   #15
Originally Posted by JoshBowman: Exactly, current gen, next gen, who cares? It's all just mindless fun that keeps us from questioning the relevance of our lives long enough to keep us doing anything productive with our time!

BUT MY IMMERSION

Thread Closed share thread