help?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2012   #16
Originally Posted by ladyunknown: i understand...im start to know 3d bout 1 month..i use maya c4d and 3ds max...i use boujou and ae...anywhere ty for make me realize that i need to improve my 3d modelling and need to learn more...ty

Well, you remember how they taught you to swim?

Yup... same thing.

Old 11 November 2012   #17
Originally Posted by DePaint:
You need guns or swords in your movie? Get someone to make them out of wood or cardboard, paint them as best as you can, and use them in your movie. Or buy toy guns/swords somewhere, paint them to look more real, and use those.

This is such an excellent point. Unless the guns shoot chrome teapots and the swords resemble a giant collection of parametric primitives why not avoid difficult CG shots and just use the real- prop version- thing?

If your movie required a shot with bowl of apples on a table wouldn't it be better to put a bowl of apples on a table; rather than create a CG bowl of apples and match it to your table shot?

Old 11 November 2012   #18
Originally Posted by ladyunknown: i understand...im start to know 3d bout 1 month..i use maya c4d and 3ds max...i use boujou and ae...anywhere ty for make me realize that i need to improve my 3d modelling and need to learn more...ty

Ladyunknown,

Choose one of the 3D softwares - maybe C4D because it is easiest to learn - and focus on learning it. There is no point in learning "Maya, C4D and 3DMax" at the same time. All 3 do the same things, and it will take you many extra months to learn all 3 together.

Focus on learning 3D modeling, shading, lighting, rendering, animation and simulation for a few months.

After that you can start to do "VFX Shots" for real.

Good luck with your learning...

Old 11 November 2012   #19
no point..hmm..ok

Old 11 November 2012   #20
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread