CrunchBang Linux Rocks !

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
PS. I love this distro! Had some troubles, but being a bit patient and with a little bit of google search I have all I want working like a charm (I'm newbie with Linux OS)

01 January 2013
hey Toño! I was about to ask who posted @ 3Delight for Softimage forum

And well, yes: it may look like a complicated system (Linux in general) but google and documentation are there for a reason. The good thing is it sticks deep in the brain.

Now let's make shirts...

01 January 2013
Hi Eddgarpv! Pues sí, thats the "problem" of using the same nick everytime : P
Are you rus_n07 ?
That 3Delight for Softimage issue is my last goal to fix to get everything perfect in !# And I will be in peace and ready to work ...

11 November 2013
Guys, I have installed Redhat EL 6, I have installed correctly maya 2014 extension, nuke and others.

But now my problem is with maya itself, I try to open some files from maya 2014 made in windows, and I have some missing geometry, or with skin exploded, everything messed up, is it normal ? to open a maya file from maya for windows into maya for linux and get the things messed up ?

thanks

11 November 2013
Originally Posted by Voidreamer: Guys, I have installed Redhat EL 6, I have installed correctly maya 2014 extension, nuke and others.

But now my problem is with maya itself, I try to open some files from maya 2014 made in windows, and I have some missing geometry, or with skin exploded, everything messed up, is it normal ? to open a maya file from maya for windows into maya for linux and get the things messed up ?

thanks

No, it's not normal, unless you manually edited or saved the ma's and messed up EOF and EOL tags.
That said, please post app specific questions in app specific forums, in this case the Maya one. RH6 + Maya isn't exactly pertinent to a topic that's related to a completely different distro in general, this isn't a general linux help thread

11 November 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread