problem mapping Stiffness in ShaveNAHaircut

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2012
problem mapping Stiffness in ShaveNAHaircut

Hey guys. I am working on getting some dynamics into my character's ponytail.
The only way I can think of doing it is to plug a ramp into the hair's stiffness.

The problem I have is that the hair stiffness map is working off the 'growth geo's' uv space rather than from the hair's root to tip.

I want to be able to modify the stiffness so that the end of the ponytail has a curl that doesn't unravel, while the rest of the tail will flow around with her head movement.

If anyone has any ideas, advice, tips... it would be much appreciated.

regards

jas

11 November 2012
I don't have access to it, but have you tried panting some vertex weights or using a vertex color map? Seems like this is something that could be controlled by painting some values on the vertices.

11 November 2012
Painting weights on the verts.

Thanks for the suggestion Japetus.

"... have you tried panting some vertex weights or using a vertex color map? Seems like this is something that could be controlled by painting some values on the vertices."

I agree. That would seem one of the logical ways to get some nice varied stiffness happening. The problem I have found with that technique is that ShaveNAHaircut's guide hairs don't act like normal nurbs curves. When I select their verts, they won't react to anything that I try. I can't cluster them, paint weights, constrain, ect... I think Joe Alters may have either set it up that way, or I am just lacking the knowledge as to how to go about that properly.

If you have any tips, Yell out!
thanks

Jas

11 November 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread