Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 03-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #61
Laa-Yosh
Edge looper

Tamas Varga
Lead character modeler
Digic Pictures
Hungary

I thought the suits blown up are the old ones in the garage display, the Marks I-II-III from IM1, the IV-V-VI from IM2 and the VII from Avengers.

The suits coming as backup are some completely new ones, and they seem to be stored in a new underground room. So that's how they could have survived the attack.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #62
hypercube
frontier psychiatrist

portfolio
Daryl Bartley
vfx goon / gfx ho
hypercube
Los Angeles, USA

Not talking about where they came from, he seems to be on some kind of suit building jamboree in this movie, talking about the rationale of the suits only being tough or "working" when he's powering them with his arc reactor.

War Machine has its own power, and all the other suits shown must be self-powered as well. It's sort of implied no one's even wearing them?

Old 03-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #63
Laa-Yosh
Edge looper

Tamas Varga
Lead character modeler
Digic Pictures
Hungary

Well that's an interesting question, especially in the light of the 'Hulkbuster' armor in the trailer.
That one has proportions completely unfit for a normal human - but it'd be ideal for the 'other guy', and that running through walls movement is an almost perfect match of a shot from the Avengers. So maybe there are people in the suits?

Oh and if Tony has enough time, he would certainly be able to build an arc reactor for each suit.
And the Warmachine armor shouldn't really have one anyway - the second reactor stolen by Obadiah was destroyed, the first one isn't functional anymore, the third one is toxic and has been used while the Mark II was active... So it's probably something not thought of, or ignored, in the movies

IM3 will probably not explain it either, the destruction of the older armors is for dramatic effect and that's all that matters.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #64
ThE_JacO
MOBerator-X

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Raffaele Fragapane
That Creature Dude
Animal Logic
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercube
Not talking about where they came from, he seems to be on some kind of suit building jamboree in this movie, talking about the rationale of the suits only being tough or "working" when he's powering them with his arc reactor.

War Machine has its own power, and all the other suits shown must be self-powered as well. It's sort of implied no one's even wearing them?

Just the ones meant for him are (meant to be) connected to his gizmo, and the others have their own?
Makes for decent anti-theft as well for the more evolved ones he keeps for himself I guess.

I don't know, this is turning into a comic-con superhero debate, feels a bit like being in an episode of the Big Bang Theory, I'm not accustomed to this

I still maintain the couch not dipping an inch when he sits on it with the suit on is more annoying than easily explained additional suits.

I was also wondering why the concrete under water is such an issue when he normally seems perfectly fine blasting through numerous walls worth of the stuff. I mean just turn around and zap it the F into oblivion, no?

In the end, it's movie magic. I'm actually looking forward to IM3, if for nothing else because it's the new Bond of gadget fix and sass and wit, since Bond has clearly given up on two of its trademarks

Free Maya Nodes

Old 03-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #65
Laa-Yosh
Edge looper

Tamas Varga
Lead character modeler
Digic Pictures
Hungary

Stark should have died at the point when he crash landed in the Mark I, then again in the landings in the Mark II and Mark III, also when he caught the Audi Q7 and so on. And it is actually completely impossible to fit a living human in any of the suits, even the Mark II/III, if they're made from a rigid material.

Sorry to ruin the movies for you.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #66
Artbot
Mostly Harmless

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Richard Green
The Man Who Sold the World
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_JacO
I don't know, this is turning into a comic-con superhero debate....

Because it's fun to see fans of superheroes get worked up about pointless details.

Quote:
Hi, question for Ms. Bellamy. In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes that same rib twice in succession yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we, to believe that this is some sort of a, a magic xylophone or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #67
ThE_JacO
MOBerator-X

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Raffaele Fragapane
That Creature Dude
Animal Logic
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laa-Yosh
Stark should have died at the point when he crash landed in the Mark I, then again in the landings in the Mark II and Mark III, also when he caught the Audi Q7 and so on. And it is actually completely impossible to fit a living human in any of the suits, even the Mark II/III, if they're made from a rigid material.

Sorry to ruin the movies for you.

I think there are full donned practical versions of both the mark I and mark II actually. The mark II they also got a better articulated torso they could actually turn their body in from what I'm told.
No idea about the mark III, but in general they are actually not too far fetched if you forget about the lack of space for any sort of powered mechanisms
The mark V apparently is a barbie doll waisted 8 headers, so fat chance of that being possible

Stan Winston and then Legacy Effects had some shots up at some point if you feel like digging.

Free Maya Nodes

Old 03-07-2013, 02:02 AM   #68
Darrolm
Frequenter
portfolio
Darrol Moore
Character TD | Generalist
Pasadena, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercube
BTW anyone notice him donning his armor Extremis style in that house scene? The pieces were just flying on.
I heard that it was the next step of his Avengers armor before he undergoes the Extremis process.

As for fitting a person in the armors, they have said with the first film that the proportions were done just as they are in the comic which isn't something a normal person can fit in.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:09 AM   #69
ThE_JacO
MOBerator-X

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Raffaele Fragapane
That Creature Dude
Animal Logic
Sydney, Australia

Having no idea WTF the extremis armor was, I looked it up.
Now much wiser about the ways of the ironman, I know there is a storyline where he remotely commands an army of drones:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_M...armor#Argonauts

One of which is a hulkbuster, none of which needs to be proportioned like a human as they don't contain one.

Seems like recent years of Marvel, which I haven't read in ages, have gone down paths that make some of the more hapzarded mangas feel positively scientifically accurate

Free Maya Nodes

Old 03-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #70
Laa-Yosh
Edge looper

Tamas Varga
Lead character modeler
Digic Pictures
Hungary

Quote:
I think there are full donned practical versions of both the mark I and mark II actually. The mark II they also got a better articulated torso they could actually turn their body in from what I'm told.

They actually used flexible materials for some of the armor pieces, and the actors or stunts weren't really able to move freely enough in them. The movements by the final CG Ironman versions are quite impossible.

Quote:
Stan Winston and then Legacy Effects had some shots up at some point if you feel like digging.

The video doc is more than enough to see just how much was possible for the practical suits...
I can dig up the links later if you're interested.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #71
ThE_JacO
MOBerator-X

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Raffaele Fragapane
That Creature Dude
Animal Logic
Sydney, Australia

What I meant is the proportions of the mark I and II, in the practical shots, were plausible as far as fitting a human (if they were a thin ceramic shell).
Of course had they made the suits of actual metal it would have taken considerable strength to move in them

The CG models parted only some way from those for the first gens, they took a major dip at the mark V and never went back.

AFAIK only parts were done practically after the mark II (for wearing them, for display there's more or less one of each suit I think if you pull the movies together).

Free Maya Nodes

Old 03-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #72
kelgy
Stranger in Town

portfolio
Kel G
Professionally unemployed
Surrey, Canada

Quote:

I still maintain the couch not dipping an inch when he sits on it with the suit on is more annoying than easily explained additional suits.

Its a Hulk Buster couch

Old 03-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #73
paintbox
Waiting for pixels to dry

portfolio
PT PT
Artist / Illustrator
Intergalactic Freelancer
Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelgy
Its a Hulk Buster couch

The couch probably survived the blast and will be the villain for Iron Man 4 : Couch Conundrum

Old 03-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #74
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread