First Trailer for Iron Man 3

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2012   #46
Originally Posted by CGIPadawan: That or my own favorite response: "It's JUST a movie!"

Haha! I'll try to use that next time in dailies.

Old 10 October 2012   #47
Originally Posted by ThE_JacO: I seem to be the only person here bothered by the fact that 250Kg worth of metal armor don't push the sofa in more than RDJ's 72Kg without the suit would

is it metal?

In the comics they make it sound like its some sort of synthetic/porcelain/sylicon/whatever composite material to prevent things like this from happening.

Old 10 October 2012   #48
I will be looking forward to it either way.
I will go see it on the big screen.

I like where they are heading with the idea of this one. I just hope they pull it off.

Old 10 October 2012   #49
Originally Posted by japetus: Maybe Mandarin disabled them in some nefarious scheme!

Either that or Tony is so arrogant he doesn't think he needs to defend himself. "Who would dare attack Iron Man?" Maybe we'll get full-on alcoholic Stark this film.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 03 March 2013   #50
New Trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiU_...player_embedded
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 03 March 2013   #51
When he said, "We do need backup", for a moment I was hoping for the Avengers.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 03 March 2013   #52
Wow, really got me pumped for this movie!

It is going to be tricky to show an Iron Man desperate and failing, and explain why he doesn't call for at least one other Avenger to come help...

www.MichaelSime.com

Old 03 March 2013   #53
Originally Posted by Michael5188: Wow, really got me pumped for this movie!

It is going to be tricky to show an Iron Man desperate and failing, and explain why he doesn't call for at least one other Avenger to come help...

Huh, never thought of that. Iron Man pretty much carried the Avengers, at least in terms of actual physical accomplishment. Sort of weird that they've built this universe where all those characters exist, and now they have to ignore that they do in order to keep making movies about the individual heroes. Or do they just all really hate Tony Stark?

Old 03 March 2013   #54
Based on the other individual sequels coming out before Avengers 2, I bet all their whereabouts will be properly explained, except maybe Hulk. (Whedon has said Planet Hulk isn't happening)

Thor is back home and other worlds, Cap is likely busy with whatever Winter Soldier is about. Maybe Widow and Hawkeye will be drawn into that? Or they just hate Tony.

But hey, look at all those suits! I think the last one is the rumored Hulkbuster design, though it seems even weirder in action. I still love the space armor design though.

Not sure I'm into Mandarin's voice.

I do feel like this is at the point in trailer releases I have to start avoiding watching stuff. Already plenty spoiled in this one.

Old 03 March 2013   #55
Maybe everyone's busy?
Those people do have lives outside the Avengers.

Thor is back in Asgard, where cell phone reception is probably not the best.

Black Widow and Hawkeye are either undercover in Bielorussia or evading taliban gunfire in Afghanistan.

Cap is most likely tied upside down in a Hydra lair being tort...er, debriefed by Madam Hydra or Baron Zemo.

Hulk is on the run. As usual.

Old 03 March 2013   #56
This happens in the comics every month, every year. One has to accept that each hero has his own self contained stories.

Also - the Hulk Buster Armour looked pretty neat.

Old 03 March 2013   #57
Originally Posted by hypercube: But hey, look at all those suits! I think the last one is the rumored Hulkbuster design, though it seems even weirder in action. I still love the space armor design though.

Anyone else notice that they show them blowing up as if that were something serious or important, but Stark seems basically indestructible when he's wearing one? Do they become more damage-prone when he's not wearing them?

I know, I know: It's a movie.

Old 03 March 2013   #58
Originally Posted by Artbot: Anyone else notice that they show them blowing up as if that were something serious or important, but Stark seems basically indestructible when he's wearing one? Do they become more damage-prone when he's not wearing them?

I know, I know: It's a movie.

The suits and all their dampening mechanisms are powered by the gadget Stark has on his chest, so in a way, yeah, they do when he's not wearing them. They're also finished and sealed when he has them on, they are just empty, open and on display there.

At the end of the day though, it's just a movie, with movie logic being second to drama

Old 03 March 2013   #59
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ThE_JacO: The suits and all their dampening mechanisms are powered by the gadget Stark has on his chest, so in a way, yeah, they do when he's not wearing them. They're also finished and sealed when he has them on, they are just empty, open and on display there.

Boom. Lawyered.

Old 03 March 2013   #60
If that's strictly true, how do they all fly in and work on their own at the end? War Machine is supposed to have its own reactor since Rhodes doesn't have one, maybe he just starts building them into everything.

BTW anyone notice him donning his armor Extremis style in that house scene? The pieces were just flying on. Also fighting whoever it was in street clothes. I think I am much more interested in that storyline in this than the Mandarin, really.

Thread Closed share thread