First Trailer for Iron Man 3

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2012   #16
Originally Posted by PerryDS: What's all the bickering about. It looks like the story for this one is taking o a different flavour, throwing in all emotional cards. All around, just darn fun for the movie goer.

You haven't even seen bickering on here yet...

Old 10 October 2012   #17
Originally Posted by Artbot: Looks interesting. But does anyone else find it strange that Stark's home doesn't have AA defenses? I mean, he's a huge weapons contractor (or was), and with the number of people he's pissed off, it's hard to believe he'd leave his fortress unprotected. But there I go again, trying to make sense out of a superhero movie.
Actually, it is believable if you look at his ego. Why would he need to protect his house if he feels that he is invincible?

Old 10 October 2012   #18
Those helicopters disguised themselves as news choppers right up until the moment they fired.

Old 10 October 2012   #19
Originally Posted by BigPixolin: Those helicopters disguised themselves as news choppers right up until the moment they fired.

That is actually a clever idea.

-R
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 10 October 2012   #20
The disguise was clever, but the design on those missile racks was cartoonishly over the top.

Regardless some kind of laser turret would have fixed that right up..but also not moved the story forward at all.

The whole thing of the invincible/rich/superpowerful hero losing everything and climbing back up keeps happening, this is pretty much the Iron Man version of Dark Knight Rises, but enh. There's only so many places a hero story can go, either the hero gets knocked down or he knocks himself down (Demon in a Bottle, which made a brief cameo in IM2).

Heck, really the same thing has happened in every Iron Man movie, just to different degrees and with different enemies. He gets his ass handed to him, rebounds, improves, is cooler than ever.

Should change his theme song from Sabbath to Chumbawumba.

Old 10 October 2012   #21
Look, it cant POSSIBLY be worse than #2, so im looking forward to it.

But so help me if it sucks as much as #2 did, i might wait a week or more before i see #4 when its released in 2016!

Originally Posted by hypercube: Should change his theme song from Sabbath to Chumbawumba.

GENIUS!

Old 10 October 2012   #22
Looks like it's going to better than the 2nd one. Way more serious. I'm in!
And I'm glad they didn't use a glowing star thingy on the chest of Captain America Iron Man.

Old 10 October 2012   #23

My primary draw to the film is that Sir Kingsley as The Mandarin, though watching the house be blasted down into the waters below may have caused me to giggle and clap like a toddler wanting more (on the inside of course).

Old 10 October 2012   #24
I wonder if Favreau finds it weird to be in the next installment of the series whose previous installment sucked and was directed by himself.

Old 10 October 2012   #25
From the trailer it looks like Favreau's character, Happy, gets pretty close to getting killed off. Kinda ironic.

Old 10 October 2012   #26
Originally Posted by Andrewty07:

My primary draw to the film is that Sir Kingsley as The Mandarin, though watching the house be blasted down into the waters below may have caused me to giggle and clap like a toddler wanting more (on the inside of course).

I liked it a lot more when I thought Andy Lau was going to be the Mandarin.
I mean.... isn't the Mandarin supposed to be Chinese or East Asian?

Old 10 October 2012   #27
I wish the trailer revealed more about the Mandarin's role. As an uninitiate to Marvel's comics, I don't really know what to expect from his presence in the film.

In the comics, the Mandarin was an exiled orphan who discovers a crashed spaceship. He mastered the alien science he found there and kept 10 powerful rings used to drive the ship. He used the rings’ power in his schemes for world domination and became one of Iron Man’s most formidable foes, from his first appearance in 1964′s “Tales of Suspense” No. 50, by Stan Lee and Don Heck.

Old 10 October 2012   #28
Originally Posted by CGIPadawan: I liked it a lot more when I thought Andy Lau was going to be the Mandarin.
I mean.... isn't the Mandarin supposed to be Chinese or East Asian?

I think they used the same casting agent as Last Airbender. Though he's a british indian, that's actually closer than they managed.

Hearing Ben Kingsley was doing it made me hope the Mandarin would be like Don Logan.

Old 10 October 2012   #29
Ben Kingsley has no race.
He could play an Aborigine if he chose to.

Without make-up!

Old 10 October 2012   #30
Originally Posted by hypercube:

I seem to be the only person here bothered by the fact that 250Kg worth of metal armor don't push the sofa in more than RDJ's 72Kg without the suit would

Thread Closed share thread