What is the future of Apple Shake?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2012   #16
Thanks all of you.

I want to go to Nuke but it is too expensive for me right now at least.

Old 10 October 2012   #17
Originally Posted by japetus: Hey anyone heard if Combustion has a future?

Autodesk plan on selling it? Did someone buy it?

Why Autodesk are you doing this to us?

Combustion was my favorite software when I used it back in the day. I loved the colour corrector, as well as the resolution independent vector text/tools.

Don't know what happened to it since. I think AD has discontinued it.

Old 10 October 2012   #18
Originally Posted by DePaint: Combustion was my favorite software when I used it back in the day. I loved the colour corrector, as well as the resolution independent vector text/tools.

Don't know what happened to it since. I think AD has discontinued it.

I was joking, but they stopped development on it, then it morphed into Toxik, which has morphed into Composite, which is horrible.

Old 10 October 2012   #19
Oh, boy... Have I gotten a few laughs outta this thread...
I still use Combustion a lot. It is a great tool. Too bad it's discontinued, but well... It still has its uses,in certain situations. For those dealing with with DSLR footage (which is mostly everyone in the independent arena), it can still do the thing, although most folks doing that will be using AE, I guess. Nuke is definitely where things are in the pro arena (whatever happened to Fusion? I guess some people are still on it?). I use Composite too, although I don't like it as much. It just lacks stuff that I can't live without, but the CC and keying tools are pretty good too.

On a totally semi-unrelated side note, I recently purchased a copy of Hitfilm that is on special... These guys seem to be headed in a very interesting direction with V2... Adobe has to watch out... (they're definitely not trying to compete with Nuke, so let's leave that alone).

Looks like I need to juggle all three to certain extents. That's fine too.

Last edited by Toonman2 : 10 October 2012 at 02:56 PM.

Old 10 October 2012   #20
Just replace the word "Shake" with "Final Cut" and this thread will be relevant.

Old 10 October 2012   #21
Originally Posted by Toonman2: whatever happened to Fusion? I guess some people are still on it?

i think eyeon and fusion is doing fine. they dont have the super big studios on the list, but alot of smaller companies still use it and eyeon releases nice updates.

and if you looking for a node based comp app then eyeon is worth a look. (and not only because is half the price of nuke)

Old 10 October 2012   #22
Originally Posted by pingking: i think eyeon and fusion is doing fine. they dont have the super big studios on the list, but alot of smaller companies still use it and eyeon releases nice updates.

and if you looking for a node based comp app then eyeon is worth a look. (and not only because is half the price of nuke)

Yeah, Fusion is a joy to use, and quite powerful. I came up to speed in it really quickly when I started at Blur, coming from a Shake background.

Old 10 October 2012   #23
I just booted up shake, ah the good ole days.

Old 10 October 2012   #24
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread