Online Portfolio

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #16
My choice is wordpress. If you connect to a good hosting company, they have a one time install. And you can add plugin for support. But don't disregard the benefits of regular communication if you wish to build yourself up as a regular biz ... rather than just a service support person.
www.perryshulakcreative.com

Old 09 September 2012   #17
I really like SquareSpace.

Old 09 September 2012   #18
Animation of already made animations

Hello, i have a question. I often make animations of pokemon and other games that i like. i was wondering if it was okay to post these models to my portfolio.

Old 09 September 2012   #19
litzman, please start your own thread if you have a new question.

Last edited by Kanga : 09 September 2012 at 11:58 AM.

Old 09 September 2012   #20
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf: Your problem is getting a work, not the web design, so, why don't you just say it what it is, then trying to be political correct with everybody?

No shrug here... no humility.
That won't lend you anywhere.

Mine so.
That didn't bothered me to find a first job, then second, then third.. actually, one of the reason clients picked up on me, is (maybe) because I didn't tell them " my english is very bad, sorry.", even my english is much worst then yours.

Why are you being so rude?

Old 09 September 2012   #21
Don't know if it has been mentioned before.

Wix has all your answers.

Old 09 September 2012   #22
My choice is cargo collective, works perfect for me.
Thanks to all of you guys.

This thread can be used for other questions, no problem.

Old 09 September 2012   #23
Yep, I also like cargo collective.
You can use your own hosting and their service is free.
They have very nice templates for a web developer illiterate like me.

Squarespace looks great also. Their templates seem to be similar to cargo collective, but it's not free. They do host your website though, so it might work out well if you need everything more centralized but less customizable.

Old 09 September 2012   #24
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf: Your problem is getting a work, not the web design, so, why don't you just say it what it is, then trying to be political correct with everybody?

No shrug here... no humility.
That won't lend you anywhere.

Mine so.
That didn't bothered me to find a first job, then second, then third.. actually, one of the reason clients picked up on me, is (maybe) because I didn't tell them " my english is very bad, sorry.", even my english is much worst then yours.

Originally Posted by leigh: Why are you being so rude?

It's pretty mind blowing that someone can come into a thread, insult someone, then never show up again. It's even more sad that he'll still be able to insult more people because nothing is really done.
I really doubt he has the same douchebagness in real life.

ahhh...the internet...giving people virtual balls one thread a time...

Old 09 September 2012   #25
Cargo seems cool. How does it work, you just sign up and they give you access?
Can you load it on your own hosting or do you have to use their service?
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 09 September 2012   #26
Originally Posted by leif3d: It's pretty mind blowing that someone can come into a thread, insult someone, then never show up again. It's even more sad that he'll still be able to insult more people because nothing is really done.
I really doubt he has the same douchebagness in real life.

ahhh...the internet...giving people virtual balls one thread a time...

It's interesting, I think there are different contributing factors.
Speaking for myself, I often feel like being rude in a internet discussion (mostly I move on without posting), especially CGtalk general forum, because:
-) some questions are always the same, like every day the same question
-) some questions are stupid (yes, there are)
-) people post before they think (I don't exclude myself)

I guess I look like douchebag if you only know me from the internet. Well in real life too probably. But in real life it's different of course, there is some kind of inhibition-threshold ( i looked that word up, hope it fits), because it matters there if you make a clown of yourself.
Another problem is the language barrier. I often realize only after posting that I got it wrong, understanding what the problem was about. And writing in a foreign language it's easier to look stupid or asshole to some degree.

Old 09 September 2012   #27
Originally Posted by plastic: It's interesting, I think there are different contributing factors.
Speaking for myself, I often feel like being rude in a internet discussion (mostly I move on without posting), especially CGtalk general forum, because:
-) some questions are always the same, like every day the same question
-) some questions are stupid (yes, there are)
-) people post before they think (I don't exclude myself)

Going through rude thoughts is another story...most of us have that, but going out of your way to verbally insult someone is pretty incredible to me. Especially when it's unprovoked.
Originally Posted by plastic: I guess I look like douchebag if you only know me from the internet. Well in real life too probably. But in real life it's different of course, there is some kind of inhibition-threshold ( i looked that word up, hope it fits), because it matters there if you make a clown of yourself.
Another problem is the language barrier. I often realize only after posting that I got it wrong, understanding what the problem was about. And writing in a foreign language it's easier to look stupid or asshole to some degree.

Language barriers are not a big deal to me. Sounding dry or a little strange is different from sounding like a complete a-hole.
I agree though, inhibition online has to be extremely low compared to real life.

Originally Posted by WyattHarris: Cargo seems cool. How does it work, you just sign up and they give you access?

I use godaddy and have cargo. The cargo admins can help you setup your account in the beginning if you give them full account access to your hosting. they'll tie it up to your domain, etc. I set it up myself without any previous experience, so it can't be that difficult.
You need to email them for an invitation, or someone you know that has cargo account could send you one.

Old 09 September 2012   #28
Originally Posted by WyattHarris: Cargo seems cool. How does it work, you just sign up and they give you access?

You just email them and they get you signed up.

You can let them host it which is free, or you can host it on your own domain and link to it, which I think you have to upgrade to enable that option. I think upgrading also gives you the ability to edit CSS and more templates.

Old 09 September 2012   #29
Originally Posted by leigh: Why are you being so rude?

He needs THIS, or maybe THIS.

Old 09 September 2012   #30
I use Cargo Collective too. My site's not finished yet but getting it to that point was incredibly simple. You have the easy way as well as the option to edit the code.

Thread Closed share thread