Bryan Singer's H+

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #16
Agreed.

I am currently developing a totally new one that is about a paranormal event that occurs in only a single place. One of the things I was thinking of is that "You can't really have the situation be too big because there's simply not enough time."

If you pare down the scale you can sort of... go into each mini-event in a way that is more "whole". I think what we'd want is that when people see one episode they feel like they saw a whole episode.

The pacing definitely has to be different.. and I think even editing... for even the small things like "Getting out of car and walking to a door way".. You need to do some jump-time-cutting really to save all those precious seconds without people feeling like you're chopping something up.

Say the guy opens the car's door and gets out.. and then the next part is he's already opening the door to the house and the same car is clearly in the background with driver's side door closed. That's a clear jump-cut that still works.

It's a lot of little things.

Old 09 September 2012   #17
Ep 15 & 16 are posted now.

I like the premise of the show but this method of delivery doesn't pack enough punch per episode. For some reason there doesn't seem to be significant weight to any of the characters (perhaps because there are so many?). So far the only ones who are somewhat engaging are the father to be, the surrogate and the programmer who knows what's going on. The fact that I like these characters, yet can't tell you their names after 16 "episodes" in over a month means that I'm not able to spend enough time with them to remember their names.

Production value is limited, but what is there looks pretty good.

I haven't seen any other web series use the playhead marks, where watching consecutive episodes start and end on their own (without submitting the viewer to a repeat of the intro and end credits every 3-6 minutes). Perhaps this is the reason for its own channel? As a technology test? As for viewership, I really think the numbers are pretty solid considering the extremely limited marketing that it has received, starring an unknown cast. If not for Bryan Singer promoting it, I probably wouldn't have heard of it at all.

'H+' is good, though falls short of expectations. I still want more but'RCVR' was, and in many ways still is, the benchmark for a web series as far as I'm concerned.

Old 09 September 2012   #18
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread