Heavy Metal TV Series Footage...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #16
Fringe is science fiction? Maybe I will have to take a look at it! Alphas didn't look like something that would grab me either. On the whole, though, I agree with the sentiment that TV has been amazing lately. The quality is up there with the movies I grew up with, but now we get to see it every week.

Originally Posted by Kanga: I wonder if the difficulties feature films are experiencing is seeing a transfer of talent to lower budget, but more regular work opportunity areas like tv.

I don't know if its the difficulties of film or just the quality of TV has risen to such a level that it no longer contains the stigma that working there means the winding down of one's career. We see a lot more back and forth these days with actors, producers and even directors.

TV was the last bastion of safety for the L.A. industry, but I heard it's running off now too.
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

Old 09 September 2012   #17
I can't see any connection between this show and the comics in Heavy Metal, let alone Metal Hurlant.
They were brave innovative comics, with some incredible stories and depth. There were also lot's of experiments.
Find out more about Moebius
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Giraud
and here near the end is about starting the magazine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWyQPqWbt0k

That was Science Fiction.
The stuff in chronicles has as much with real thing as Big Brother reality show with George Orwell 1984.
Again, just to say, kudos to artist who worked on it, I'm just finding this insulting to those great magicians of comics. It's no surprise seeing how low SF is gone lately.
The concept is excellent, so they need to put the money where their mouth is, so hopefully they will REALLY hire the great talented CG people and amazing scenarists like Jodorowsky for example, then we will be in for a treat!
Main problem is STORY. Give us some great stories and something which is not mind numbingly stupid, there is just too much sex and violence without any brains.

Als

VFX rule no. 387
# Just redo it!

Old 09 September 2012   #18
a bunch of us went to see Heavy Metal movie after smoking, which made it funny and understandable. ummm we smoked cigars, yeah that's what it was cigars. :-)

anyhoo Heavy Metal series would kinda be like watching Rocky Horror Picture Show on TV, just not the same as the mags or big screen. Leave it alone and come up with an original concept.

Old 09 September 2012   #19
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread