Heavy Metal TV Series Footage...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #1
Heavy Metal TV Series Footage...

Woow it looks cool:
Quote:
"
In the lineage of fantastic series such as Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits, Metal Hurlant Chronicles is the adaptation of the world renowned magazine of the same name. Discover the live versions of these exceptional comics by the writers of X MEN , BATMAN , SPIDERMAN , IRON MAN , GI JOE , STAR WARS , SUPERMAN, BLADE etc,... Fitted for the international market, each episode is 26 minutes long an is composed of one story involving Action, Heroic Fantasy, Science Fiction in english, directed by Guillaume LUBRANO.

"

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...metal-tv-series
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 09 September 2012   #2
Sorry but this looks bloody Awful!!
with B grade actors and alot of poor Green/Blue screen comps
Even those D cup boobs and push up bra on the blond tart can only carry the adolescent male Demographic for a short while.

...pass

Old 09 September 2012   #3
I don't disagree with you, but you have to admit, they've made significant progress in goofy genre shows since Hercules and Xena.

I'll watch anything with Michael Jai White but this... I don't know.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 09 September 2012   #4
"Fitted for the international market". Laugh? I almost hurled.

Old 09 September 2012   #5
Would have looked better in Animation...

Old 09 September 2012   #6
Talking

Originally Posted by Ordibble-Plop: Laugh? I almost hurled.

Metal Hurled?

Old 09 September 2012   #7
Tough crowd huh? Doesn't look any worse than other sci-fi type shows in the last few years.
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

Old 09 September 2012   #8
Originally Posted by teruchan: Tough crowd huh? Doesn't look any worse than other sci-fi type shows in the last few years.

Heh, well that was kind of my point. In trying to appeal to the 'international' market it looks to me like they have removed all charm and made a bland, homogeneous 'product'. I think it's kind of a shame, because I am quite partial to the CG I see done by many French artists - they have what I see as a particular style that would have fitted Heavy Metal well.

Old 09 September 2012   #9
Originally Posted by teruchan: Tough crowd huh? Doesn't look any worse than other sci-fi type shows in the last few years.

Well yes.. that was really my view.. it doesn't look "any worse".... but would probably be better if it was just entirely animation.

Old 09 September 2012   #10
Wink Too early

Too early to say anything, it was even mentioned as "footage" and not trailer.

But when it come to TV mini series, I always look at the script more than the effect. Smallville (script award winning movie, AFAIK the first season), Merlin (fifth season - yay!), and so on and so forth. They are campy (specially Merlin), but in a very interesting way. Even if the effect is sub par (like a changeling monster in one of the episode) but you really feel the character, like a part of family.

Anyway, getting back to Metal Hurlant(?), I don't think it will ever shown here. Except maybe on satellite tv.

Old 09 September 2012   #11

Depends on what you mean by "looks any worse." Visually, I agree; but there have been some very good sci-fi shows lately. Galactica was good, Dr. Who started pretty strong again, Fringe is still amazing, Continuum was a very pleasant surprise, Alphas is awesome!!

Old 09 September 2012   #12
Dr.Who and aplhas was good?
What has the world gotten to.

Old 09 September 2012   #13
I'd rather this then another reality show about New Jersey SCANKS

Old 09 September 2012   #14
I agree with your sentiment and not to be a grammar Nazi Mate,
But when you write:
Quote: "I'd rather this then another reality show about New Jersey SCANKS
"

,you are literally stating the chronological order in which you wish to see both shows
as in I prefer this Show(first),then* that reality show afterwards...

.>>than*<<.

Cheers

Old 09 September 2012   #15
I will gladly give this one a viewing. I am pretty impressed with the quality of tv series lately. Not only have tv show fx improved but overall quality of production on all fronts. Not talking about reality tv in general.

I wonder if the difficulties feature films are experiencing is seeing a transfer of talent to lower budget, but more regular work opportunity areas like tv.

Thread Closed share thread