Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cancelled

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #16
Originally Posted by CKPinson: I enjoy watching it with my kids- even the older previous 2d version with my oldest.

The 2D series that Genndy Tartakovsky did is the best thing to come out of the original trilogy IMO, just fantastic stuff. The CG series is a lot of fun as well though, the storytelling is pretty good and they've explored some interesting areas of the Star Wars universe.

And that trailer probably felt more like Star Wars than Episodes I-III did, can't wait till September.

Last edited by fig : 03 March 2013 at 06:50 AM.

Old 03 March 2013   #17
Quote: The CG series is a lot of fun as well though, the storytelling is pretty good and they've explored some interesting areas of the Star Wars universe.

Agreed. The overall art style and direction are what make it for me. It's simple design, yet really well executed. The lighting is really nice as well.

Old 03 March 2013   #18
So many people I talk to were in love with the 2d version, and because of that resent the 3d one and never gave it a chance. Another one of those "cool to hate" "traditional animation is better" bandwagon situations.

But it really is entertaining. Haven't watched it recently, but when I did it took me back to my action saturday morning cartoon days. Plus the production value always impressed me.

www.MichaelSime.com

Old 03 March 2013   #19
That nuanced performance from the Emperor as our favourite evil badass was unreal! I was really impressed with the quality of Tesla as a bad guy in TRON Uprising and this is easily on the same level - truly dark and with that elusive element of true character and malicious intent most cartoon bad guys lack. Perfectly accurate to the original Emp'. : )

Also, have they kicked the detail level on the ships up a notch? It's all looking very nice indeed.

Old 03 March 2013   #20
Originally Posted by Michael5188: So many people I talk to were in love with the 2d version, and because of that resent the 3d one and never gave it a chance. Another one of those "cool to hate" "traditional animation is better" bandwagon situations.

But it really is entertaining. Haven't watched it recently, but when I did it took me back to my action saturday morning cartoon days. Plus the production value always impressed me.

The movie and the first few seasons of the show weren't very good though, so there was good reason. I think Season 3 was the one where the first half of the season was almost entirely Padme and Senate stuff and you didn't even see Anakin or Obi-Wan.

Old 03 March 2013   #21
Originally Posted by darthviper107: The movie and the first few seasons of the show weren't very good though, so there was good reason. I think Season 3 was the one where the first half of the season was almost entirely Padme and Senate stuff and you didn't even see Anakin or Obi-Wan.

Well if someone watched the show and didn't like it then I didn't care, people have opinions. I'm referring to the people I knew who were just against it on principle cause it was a CG version of the 2d cartoon they loved, and never watched single episode.

www.MichaelSime.com

Old 03 March 2013   #22
I would say 1/2 way on season 2 is when once can see a clear upswing in quality on the show.
The Show got its soul once it realized that they should concentrate more on the Journey of its secondary characters and how the war has changed them.

In characters like Hondo, Captain Rex, Assaj Ventress, Cad Baneand Asoka Tano you get a fresh set of eyes twhat promises to a VERY dark journey.

And I also love how the show decided to actually explain what the war actually means for the so called bad guys , The true nature of the Force (The Mortis Arc) and how the Jedi Council almost deserve what is coming to them.

Oh what they did to Obi Wan as a character is very cool.
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Last edited by RobertoOrtiz : 03 March 2013 at 06:58 PM.

Old 03 March 2013   #23
WOW! I saidI would start catching up on this after seeing those trailers, so I started watching again. I am finishing up season 3 and wow this show is just too amazing. It's is amazingly violent for a supposed kids show. I can't believe how many characters, even those that have been around a while, get smoking holes blown through them. Still, the writing is absolutely top notch.

The way they play with the politics of the war and the interaction of different governments is amazing. Even shows like the Avatar series (Airbender and Korra) don't get this deep. The characters are really believable and the tie-ins to the overall movie series are so nice to witness. I'm actually a fan of the prequel movies, but this show is so much better. Of course, I always liked TV series more than movies because you have so much more time to get into the world and characters. They are really doing it right in this show.

One thing I like about this show, compared to the films, is that in the movies they always talk about Anakin is so powerful this, or Anakin has such great skill that, but you never really see him do anything to show he has such power. In this show you see it. You can believe he is some kind of chosen one from prophecy. In the films he doesn't really seem to be any better than Kenobi.

I am also curious to see what's going to happen to some of the characters who are clearly not around in the Episode III film.
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

Old 03 March 2013   #24
Originally Posted by teruchan:
I am also curious to see what's going to happen to some of the characters who are clearly not around in the Episode III film.

Just wait until you get to season 4.
It begins to show a clear path to order 66 and the character development of secondary characters like Assaj Ventress and Hondo will blow your mind away.
And the best part is the fact is that the series shows that the republic, and the Jedi Order would have fallen anyway without the help of Palpatine. He just pushed along the process.

Old 03 March 2013   #25
Form top to bottom the series is spectacular. This season blew me away, Art is amazing, but the story arcs, themes and dialogue are really good as well. MUCH better then the Clone Wars Movie and most of the other SW movies as well.

Visual Engineering, Inc.
Creative Communication | Industry Consultation

Old 03 March 2013   #26
Duplicate post

Old 03 March 2013   #27
Star Wars: The Clone Wars Ends as an Ongoing Series While Detours is Delayed

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03...2928eeb21000017

Old 03 March 2013   #28
Kinda what I thought might happen. I think it's highly likely they will do a similar style series that would take place after Return of the Jedi, since the movies if they use the original actors will be quite a bit of time after that so it leaves a really huge time period they can mess with, along with including the original characters. It would also allow them to explore stories like many of the EU sources that wouldn't work well as movies but would be fantastic in a TV series.

Old 03 March 2013   #29
Figures. It got cancelled jus because I started watching it! Happened with Buck Rogers too!
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

Old 03 March 2013   #30
Sad to see it go, but five seasons is a good run, and they're five seasons to be proud of.

www.MichaelSime.com

Thread Closed share thread