The Dark Knight Rises.. The reviews are..umm RISING!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2012   #1
The Dark Knight Rises.. The reviews are..umm RISING!

"The Dark Knight Rises is a fitting emotional and narrative conclusion to this particular interpretation of the enduring story of Bruce Wayne the man and Batman the legend."

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...ht-rises-review

"Having a director with such a strong vision and conviction makes Nolan's Batman finale pay off at least as a bookend to Batman Begins."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/reviewsnews.php?id=92563

"The Dark Knight Rises" is emotionally inspiring, aesthetically significant and critically important for America itself - as a mirror of both sober reflection and resilient hope."

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...finale-20120715

Last edited by ParamountCell : 07 July 2012 at 08:59 AM.

Old 07 July 2012   #2
Woot It sounds better than it looks, and it looked pretty darn good.

Old 07 July 2012   #3
Can...not...wait....!! I love the Nolan Batman's, Batman being my favorite superhero ever. Can't wait to see it in the IMAX here, Dark Knight was awesome there as well.

Old 07 July 2012   #4
Yeah, the few reviews I've come across so far say it's great.

Old 07 July 2012   #5
everyone that i know of that worked on it in some regard have said it looks good, overall, so ill keep having semi-high hopes until i see it. Till then however, ill put fingers in my ears and go "alalalala" when people i pass by are talking about it.

Old 07 July 2012   #6
Rotten Tomatoes Shuts Down 'Dark Knight Rises' Comments

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ht-rises-351124

Old 07 July 2012   #7
based on the trailer i don't see how it will top the last one. the trailer shows so much and really doesn't make me feel as excited to see it like the others. chances are i will probably go watch it :(

Quote: everyone that i know of that worked on it in some regard have said it looks good, overall, so ill keep having semi-high hopes until i see it.

i am not sure they would say anything but that

Old 07 July 2012   #8
Originally Posted by DuttyFoot: based on the trailer i don't see how it will top the last one. the trailer shows so much and really doesn't make me feel as excited to see it like the others. chances are i will probably go watch it :(

i am not sure they would say anything but that

IMO Chris Nolans trailers normally dont give away too much of the storyline anyway. So whilst watching them I get a feeling that I will be blown away in the cinema by the twists and turns of the movie!

Old 07 July 2012   #9
Originally Posted by DuttyFoot: based on the trailer i don't see how it will top the last one. the trailer shows so much and really doesn't make me feel as excited to see it like the others. chances are i will probably go watch it

weird to see my thoughts in this post.

i was wrong about every nolan batman release so far. i was wrong about christian bale in the first one. i was DEAD wrong about Heath Ledger as a choice for the joker.

yet, i have exactly ZERO desire to see this one. i don't know if the movie just looks lame or the joker was simply the coup de gras that cannot be topped.

just can't seem my self seeing this one at all.

Old 07 July 2012   #10
Originally Posted by mr.bean:
have exactly ZERO desire to see this one.
just can't seem my self seeing this one at all.

I am about the same. I am not much of a marvel or DC fan, liked batman 2 for Keith Ledger alone, everything else has been done in one way or another.

Old 07 July 2012   #11
did you hear about someone getting death threats for posting there dislike for the movie on rotten tomatoes forum. maybe there should be a punishment for idiots who do things like that.

Old 07 July 2012   #12
Some people take critique way too serious, it is just a movie after all, anyone can like it or don't.

Old 07 July 2012   #13
Originally Posted by DuttyFoot: did you hear about someone getting death threats for posting there dislike for the movie on rotten tomatoes forum. maybe there should be a punishment for idiots who do things like that.

Yes, I did hear about that. Crazy! Some of these fans take these Dark Knight movies a little too seriously, to say the least!
I wonder if there will be widespread reports of mass suicides now that this is Nolan's last Dark Knight film. These fanatics who threaten people over a bad review apparently have nothing else to live for. I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie, but I'm not about to kill someone over it. It is, after all, just a movie.

Old 07 July 2012   #14
Originally Posted by webhead: I wonder if there will be widespread reports of mass suicides now that this is Nolan's last Dark Knight film.

No intention of killing myself - perhaps a vacation

Old 07 July 2012   #15
I like some of Nolan's other films a lot, like Memento and The Prestige.

I can't stand what he's done with Batman though.

For me, the Tim Burton Batman films remain my favorites.

Thread Closed share thread