Man of Steel Teaser to be shown in front of DARKKNIGHT RISES

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2012   #16
Originally Posted by chalbers: Oh dear , they used The Pearl Harbor music an just smacked it on that trailer, with no remix at all !

Itīs from Thin Red Line. Pearl Harbor just used it for trailers and teasers, as is the case here. Thatīs a very common practice for early teasers.

Old 07 July 2012   #17
I find superman boring, I don't know why they keep bringing him back.

Old 07 July 2012   #18
Originally Posted by ParamountCell: I quite liked that about it to be honest. It gave the whole thing a much more sombre mood rather than the typical hero going about doing heroic stuff.

I think the amount of "lateral change" here is about as much as with the Amazing Spider-Man... Basically it's the same story but you flip a few switches:

1) Clark Kent doesn't know he's from Space until something occurs (The Bus Accident?). This probably means the movie will skip the whole "Baby crashing to Earth from Space" thing.

2) Lots of Humanistic Dialogue. "What kind of man do you want to be?", etc. Humanism is very good for upping the intellectual quality of stories and at the same time giving a sense of emotional depth. This is something the teaser definitely uses.

3) The "Superman" himself as "the best of persons". Superman's original appeal, in spite being nearly invulnerable, was that he was really the best any person could aspire to. That's why I think the trailer plays up a lot of his human mission and why he should strive to be this good person.

I think it'll work. The costume? People will forget about what the old one looked like when they've seen this enough times (See: Optimus Prime).

==============

Sticking my neck out: Is it not possible that Superman learns he was supposed to conquer the Earth for Krypton?

Last edited by CGIPadawan : 07 July 2012 at 02:01 AM.

Old 07 July 2012   #19
The underwear is too famous to be forgotten-especially as its in the Reeve movie.
His attachment to the character is probably going to last a long time--like Bela Lugosi and Dracula.

Optimus Prime isnt as famous in the West as Superman--but I think the red cape and blue costume is what matters the most.

Old 07 July 2012   #20
Originally Posted by kelgy: The underwear is too famous to be forgotten

Iīve already forgotten it and the movie hasnīt even come out yet. ^_^

Old 07 July 2012   #21
Originally Posted by eliseu gouveia: Iīve already forgotten it and the movie hasnīt even come out yet. ^_^

By West I should have specified--North America.

Old 07 July 2012   #22
Chris Nolan has screenplay credits i hear, so it could be something to look forward to. Coming from me, i am not a superman fan in the least.

Old 07 July 2012   #23
That bumpyness on the chest reminds me of my superman birthday cake when I was young . . . the cream seriously looked like that.

Old 07 July 2012   #24
Originally Posted by Lars3D: I find superman boring, I don't know why they keep bringing him back.

..because youīre not the only person who watches movies...maybe?

Old 07 July 2012   #25
I find the whole re-reboot thing annoying. They better not do this to Star Trek.

Old 07 July 2012   #26
Originally Posted by Emmanuel: That is a rubber suit. Wow, how bad can costume designers be ? I lean look at the where the costume is open towards the neck, I mean, hello, I can buy things like these in the local hardware store for 10 cent.

i like it, its not that bad. i have way more problems with thor for example, looks like a toy, not to mention odin, ridiculous. also iron man is going to be more toyish with every movie, cant wait to see his golden version, will surely get some laughs.
what i want to say, its not that easy to recreate something iconic like supermans suit.

Old 07 July 2012   #27
Originally Posted by trancerobot: I find the whole re-reboot thing annoying. They better not do this to Star Trek.

A bit too late to be asking them not to re-do STAR TREK...

Old 07 July 2012   #28
Originally Posted by CGIPadawan:

A bit too late to be asking them not to re-do STAR TREK...

OT, but this was the only way to go after the slow and long death of st in tv with future tech voyager return in alpha quadrant thing and also after 2 terrible next gen movies. the writers of st did a bad job with the last two series and the producers thought it was 1990 and all is fine.

Old 07 July 2012   #29
Originally Posted by Lars3D: I find superman boring, I don't know why they keep bringing him back.

Since Superman IV in '87, this will be the 2nd Superman film in the last 20 odd years.

I'm super excited for this film! No pun intended.

Old 07 July 2012   #30
If they're going with the "underwear over pants" style, they better go with a full 60's visual style, otherwise it's going to look completely out of place and very very silly/ridiculous as it did in the last film (and by the way, even then, the suit is the least of the problems the last film has).

Say whatever you want about the fabric of the new one, it looks way way better than the old one. I celebrate the fact they're updating the look of it.

If the story/writing is really good, I'm totally willing to overlook any possible suit silliness though.

PS, judging a movie, which still hasn't a trailer to show, because of the suit fabric is, at least, a bit stupid in my opinion.

Thread Closed share thread