Man of Steel Teaser to be shown in front of DARKKNIGHT RISES

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2012   #1
Man of Steel Teaser to be shown in front of DARKKNIGHT RISES

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...ie-man-of-steel

Last edited by ParamountCell : 07 July 2012 at 12:43 AM.

Old 07 July 2012   #2
Nice poster, very Alex Ross-y.

Texture still bugs me, though.

Old 07 July 2012   #3
This movie is gonna suck.
That costume is pure Hollywood poser wannabe goofiness.

But I guess we will see won't we.

I know underwear is not any cooler but it has worked in 5 movies.
I'm just tired of everyone making costumes out of basketballs.

I mean in reality do we wear clothes with that much texture?

Old 07 July 2012   #4
You got to be kidding me, another superman movie. What in the world is going on.

Old 07 July 2012   #5
Thumbs up hated the textures

Oh man.. the textures... ughh...

I like the first modern movie, though. It has its fine moments.

But the textures... sigh...

Anyway, for those who really knows superman, where does his cloth comes from?

From "The Amazing Adventures of Lois and Clark: Superman" (was that the tv title?) I think his mom did it. Its his super power aura/chi that makes the shirt invincible. in one of the episodes his mom forgot the ironing and it burns though one of his uniform.

So is from Smallville, form what I heard (season 10 still not shown here, lol, but i might rent it one of these days).

Superman is iconic as it is, no need to change it. People have seen enough body builders and wrestlers to accept strong people dressed in you know what.

Old 07 July 2012   #6
Spidey's made of basketballs, so Supes is made out of dodgeballs? From the prior pictures, the only thing I like about this costume is the cape attachment. Everything else is total ass. I'm sure some of that is due to influence from the crappy "New 52" look, but the rest is just..no.

Supposedly the comic-con footage was very well received, but I think most things are..after standing for hours in 90+ degree weather to see a 2 minute clip, you're just happy to see anything.

The only thing tempering my unbridled disappointment in Zack Snyder at the helm is that Christopher Nolan is producing. But I do have to wonder how much attention he was able to give it while running his own ultra large movie at the same time.

Old 07 July 2012   #7
After "sucker punch" I am not seeing anything Zack Snyder makes in theatres.

Old 07 July 2012   #8
Originally Posted by SheepFactory: After "sucker punch" I am not seeing anything Zack Snyder makes in theatres.

Sucker Punch burned me so badly you could take "in theatres" off of that statement.

That trailer's really going to have to be something.

Old 07 July 2012   #9
Despite his muscular bulk this bloke just does not have the "look" IMHO,Additionally if they make this much of a radical departure from the original red knickers I say go All the way
to the "Superman beyond" motif.

Cheers

Old 07 July 2012   #10
trailer leaked. hard to find. google it .

Old 07 July 2012   #11
Its the first time I have seen the new Superman look and in truth, considering all the departures from the tradition 'spandex' style suits we see in hero movies now, this ain't that bad.

If I were to criticize it, Id say it the colours look muted and a bit grimy, and there seems to something a bit 'military' about it, which kind of adds a 'made on earth' thing about it.

Old 07 July 2012   #12
I absolutely love the costume, and I´m a die hard Superman fan. The undies had to go, and the texture gives it a very interesting plasticity.

And for this Alex Ross fan the poster is just amazing.

I´ve seen the Comicon trailer leak .The folks on the IMDB keep ulpoading it. Very small and blurry, you might as well wait for the official version. But looks good!

Old 07 July 2012   #13
Originally Posted by ice-boy: trailer leaked. hard to find. google it .

Oh dear , they used The Pearl Harbor music an just smacked it on that trailer, with no remix at all !

Old 07 July 2012   #14
Originally Posted by chalbers: Oh dear , they used The Pearl Harbor music an just smacked it on that trailer, with no remix at all !

I quite liked that about it to be honest. It gave the whole thing a much more sombre mood rather than the typical hero going about doing heroic stuff.

Old 07 July 2012   #15
That is a rubber suit. Wow, how bad can costume designers be ? I lean look at the where the costume is open towards the neck, I mean, hello, I can buy things like these in the local hardware store for 10 cent.

Thread Closed share thread