Disney's Wreck-It Ralph Trailer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #46
Same as the first trailer, looks very fun and I love the soft feel, some absolutely great animation in there.

I wish they had left some stuff out of this trailer though, I really feel like I have seen the entire plot. But that's a general complaint of mine the past decades.

Old 09 September 2012   #47
Originally Posted by CGIPadawan: I mean they've got Zangief, Vega, and Sonic the Hedgehog doing some support work on it.... So why not Bioware's Mass Effect?

That said though, it does seem like a lot of fun and at its heart is still that Disney film core....
Gonna be good.

For one, there'd be predictable outrage over a Disney film including a character who (potentially) has on-screen lesbian sex. Also, I don't know if Bioware would be cool with it; the metahumor doesn't really fit with the Mass Effect universe.

Finally, it seems like Disney wants original characters for all of the largest parts, both to maintain storytelling control and merchandising rights.

Old 09 September 2012   #48
Originally Posted by Meloncov: For one, there'd be predictable outrage over a Disney film including a character who (potentially) has on-screen lesbian sex. Also, I don't know if Bioware would be cool with it; the metahumor doesn't really fit with the Mass Effect universe.

Finally, it seems like Disney wants original characters for all of the largest parts, both to maintain storytelling control and merchandising rights.

Yes, of course "cameo" (ie: Zangief, Vega, Sonic) is different from "supporting role" which is what the Jane Lynch character is.

And of course Bioware will be coming from a position that says: "No. We don't need your movie. You PAY us to have Shepard in it. And you pay MORE because it's a long speaking part."

I was just... y'know... wishing.

Must be noted though that for a cameo, Zangief gets a lot of lines doesn't he?

Old 09 September 2012   #49
Originally Posted by CGIPadawan: Yes, of course "cameo" (ie: Zangief, Vega, Sonic) is different from "supporting role" which is what the Jane Lynch character is.

And of course Bioware will be coming from a position that says: "No. We don't need your movie. You PAY us to have Shepard in it. And you pay MORE because it's a long speaking part."

I was just... y'know... wishing.

Must be noted though that for a cameo, Zangief gets a lot of lines doesn't he?

A lot of lines for a few minute trailer, but in the whole movie? I'm betting that's his entire dialog.

I think the only movie where they've made "name" items main characters (Disneywise, at least) was Toy Story, and even then the more central characters were their own invention. Same with this.

Old 09 September 2012   #50
Originally Posted by hypercube: A lot of lines for a few minute trailer, but in the whole movie? I'm betting that's his entire dialog.

I think the only movie where they've made "name" items main characters (Disneywise, at least) was Toy Story, and even then the more central characters were their own invention. Same with this.

Yeah... and I think if I'm not mistaken a number of those toy properties are what you would define as "low value"...Like I don't see film companies bidding to have Mr. Potato head in their movie...

Old 09 September 2012   #51
Originally Posted by hypercube: Same as the first trailer, looks very fun and I love the soft feel, some absolutely great animation in there.

I wish they had left some stuff out of this trailer though, I really feel like I have seen the entire plot. But that's a general complaint of mine the past decades.

I think some Marketing heads believe that the final trailers need to do this to get the viewers who are undecided... The people who need to be told more about the story before they get off the fence.

Everybody has their way of grabbing this last set with more exposition. The WB method is in that now famous 7-minute prologue approach which they used to some success in the Batman films.

Old 09 September 2012   #52
Wreck it Ralph posters:
http://impawards.com/2012/wreckit_ralph_ver8.html
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 09 September 2012   #53
Originally Posted by RobertoOrtiz: Wreck it Ralph posters:
http://impawards.com/2012/wreckit_ralph_ver8.html

I think the Sonic characters came out best in Disney's interpretations.
The Capcom characters look too "soft" by comparison.

Last edited by CGIPadawan : 09 September 2012 at 12:35 AM.

Old 09 September 2012   #54
I dunno about you guys, but this looks waayyyy better than the tosh Pixar served up in their last two movies...looks like DAS is slowly getting back to their glory days.

Old 09 September 2012   #55
I'm a little dissapointed that they seemed to have stolen someone else's idea...but it looks pretty good i guess.

Old 09 September 2012   #56
Originally Posted by Narann: Is it me or it's the same than "Mauvais Role" ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch1dZiKzLHM

This movie was a student movie made in 2007 by me and others.

This has been "Jury Award Winner" at Siggraph 2008

http://www.awn.com/news/awards/sigg...estival-winners

I'm a little disappointed...

Notice the "Casting Game Center" has been renamed in "Game Central Station".

What do you think of this guys?

@Buexe: Any informations about the scenarist?

EDIT: There is the original thread to announce the "Mauvais Role" release: "Mauvais Rôle" - Siggraph 2008 Jury Award.

They obviously loved the idea and did their own take on it. Tim Burton actually got the original short producer involved, If you remember 9. Peter Jackson got involved with Alive in Johannesburg short director and did District 9. So it's pretty obvious that directors are watching shorts and getting inspired. It would be nice if Disney and others would do the same. Even a credit. If companies keep doing this you're going to have schools trying to claim copy rights of student films so they can sue studios and make money off them. It's a bad precedent to start. Not fair to the people who came up with the concept.

Old 09 September 2012   #57
Originally Posted by BigJay: They obviously loved the idea and did their own take on it. Tim Burton actually got the original short producer involved, If you remember 9. Peter Jackson got involved with Alive in Johannesburg short director and did District 9. So it's pretty obvious that directors are watching shorts and getting inspired. .

Actually in both "9" and "District 9"'s cases, they got the original director of each short to write and direct the larger films. Burton and Jackson were only producers.

But there is more than a passing resemblance in that the main character wants to break out of his role as a villain, and travels between video games. So it goes.

At the same time I do think these general ideas go back farther than that short, think of ReBoot, or even Tron..the animated series Captain N The GameMaster. Or movies like Nightmare Before Christmas, Last Action Hero, Purple Rose of Cairo, Stay Tuned, or Roger Rabbit. I know there's some others I'm forgetting.

All I'm getting at is the idea is out there. Or even any regular movies where the main character is unhappy in his life, goes off and does strange and different things, and then finds out he belonged in his old life all along and he finds out he can be happy there. Not that that has to be what happens, but, really, it kinda does.

Old 09 September 2012   #58
Originally Posted by hypercube: Or even any regular movies where the main character is unhappy in his life, goes off and does strange and different things, and then finds out he belonged in his old life all along and he finds out he can be happy there. Not that that has to be what happens, but, really, it kinda does.

Ah ah ah, but "Wreck It Ralph" cannot end with Ralph saying: "They were right all along, I'm just a .... home wrecker..."

Not in a Disney film.

Old 09 September 2012   #59
Originally Posted by SebKaine: I agree with you, but the guys that work on Mauvais Role, are from the same school that product this one http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...hen-beyond_news
The render is really bad, but some of us would maybe find some similarities with a 2009 movie, while this one is from 2005. So when you've been bite once , you kinda fall easier into paranoia ...

I definitely feel for you guys there. I know many schools are beginning to protect their students ideas more in the US with improved copyrights (that doesn't help you guys much). Obviously, one single student will get almost nowheresville against a corporation of attorneys at Disney or Pixar, and probably why little has ever been done before. However, a school of attorney's on behalf of the student's defense. Now that's a different story altogether, and a side the public might side with on cases of this nature. The future of storytelling will be interesting at least and just maybe some of the students will be compensated for some of these ideas if necessary.

As far as the trailer is concerned, I think it has mad potential for fun. Most everybody likes stepping back into nostalgia and remembering their childhood. For me, it's almost a can't miss good time. And it has Qbert

Last edited by MrPositive : 09 September 2012 at 04:05 AM.

Old 09 September 2012   #60
I would rather see this thread talk about WDAS and Ralph. I think it is a very unique film that people will love.

Thread Closed share thread