Cheapest Renderfarm

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2012   #16
Originally Posted by Kinematics: Hey guys, just wanted to get some advice. Which is the cheapest online render farm? Which one do you use? They are all a little bit like the online airline ticket purchase companies offering discounts only after a price quote and stuff.

I have 1960 frames at 25min per frame on the i7 2600 4 core 3.7Ghz processor. So it isn't a massive quantity.

You might also want to specify what application and rendering engine, and whether you need anything that doesn't come out of the box or not.

Some farms work ok to good only as long as you don't have any specific needs such as deploying your own shaders, but when you do two thirds of the offers out there become non options due to not doing it, or having a track record of not doing it right.

Old 05 May 2012   #17
Originally Posted by imashination: Rebus is a nice farm, but the all in one plugin which does everything for you and never fails, often doesnt deliver.

I heard that Fox render farm don't require you to install plug-in,you can upload your rendering files straight on the Internet,maybe you can have a try.
This is mentioned here: http://www.*************.com/about/13-0-Feature.html

Last edited by babyhearts : 05 May 2012 at 02:01 AM.

Old 05 May 2012   #18
Originally Posted by QuakeMarine1: i not get your point - you say you had missing textures and job fail ?

Their plugin pretty much has one button, "send to rebus manager" which adds it to their queue app. This is supposed to gather all project files, xrefs, textures and send them to the render farm; which it does 99 times out of 100. The problem of course is the 1 time out of 100 where it tells you everything is good to go, but it is in fact missing every frame from an image sequence for example.

You can upload files via ftp but they dont have any details on the website, instead you have to contact them for the server details.

But like I said, its a nice powerful farm with short queues and when it can itll throw 100's of render nodes at you if theyre free, and the prices and support are very good too. Just watch out for the slightly iffy plugin.

Old 05 May 2012   #19
in case of a problem i need to know or I never can polish the submit plugin to reach 100% success
if you have that issues write mail immidntly and we do our best to fix the bug asap

babyhearts , are you payed from Fox ?
each posting you did is about the "cool and cheap Foxfarm"
FOX IS (maybe cool but) NOT CHEAP
during the last days I found such postings a lot on several 3d forums ...
how bout "Falen Leaves" from Modo forum ? its maybe you too ?

Old 05 May 2012   #20
Originally Posted by QuakeMarine1: babyhearts , are you payed from Fox ?
each posting you did is about the "cool and cheap Foxfarm"
how bout "Falen Leaves" from Modo forum ? its maybe you too ?

You are not very polite to say this.
Firstly,I am new to cgtalk,each post? I have posted just three,they're about render problem,I just want make a help as I used render farm before.If I have said something worry,you can correct me!Plz don't said such impolite words.Anyway,I have my right to post anything that doesn't against with the forum rules.

Secondly,I have never registered on any Modo forums before.

I don't know whether fox is cheaper than you,but there are so many render farms in the world,maybe rebus is the biggest,but it indeed not the cheapest one.
This thread was started by Kinematics,he can make choice by himself,not you and me.

Old 05 May 2012   #21
Blur Studio is using 3dsmax right? how do they use a renderfarm with linux? or do they have renderfarms on windows?

Old 05 May 2012   #22
Originally Posted by QuakeMarine1: i not get your point - you say you had missing textures and job fail ?

He's saying that the plugin sometimes fails even though there are no missing textures. It happens to me as well occasionaly. But i just rename the file, restart max and its fine. Its not a big problem.

Old 05 May 2012   #23
Originally Posted by ice-boy: Blur Studio is using 3dsmax right? how do they use a renderfarm with linux? or do they have renderfarms on windows?

I was under the impression they moved to Maya. I might be wrong, i don't follow them that closely.

Old 05 May 2012   #24
Smile

but can maya work on linux? i dont understand how the big studios use linux renderfarms.

Old 05 May 2012   #25
I've used http://www.rendernet.se/ with no problems.

Old 05 May 2012   #26
Originally Posted by ice-boy: but can maya work on linux? i dont understand how the big studios use linux renderfarms.

Can you elaborate on your confusion?
Linux is only an OS and Maya a software. Maya runs on Linux. What's the confusion?
I use maya on centOS and a render farm with Maya/ RMS/ RPS also on centOS for example...no biggie...

Old 05 May 2012   #27
but 3dsmax doesnt work on linux right? how do the arhiviz studios use renderfarms when they use 3dsmax with vray?

Old 05 May 2012   #28
Originally Posted by thethule: I was under the impression they moved to Maya. I might be wrong, i don't follow them that closely.

Blur use Max with VRay and have their own Windows-based farm. They animate in XSI.

Last edited by balistic : 05 May 2012 at 10:56 PM.

Old 05 May 2012   #29
Originally Posted by ice-boy: but 3dsmax doesnt work on linux right? how do the arhiviz studios use renderfarms when they use 3dsmax with vray?

They don't need 3dsmax to work on their render farm, just the render sofware (so Mental Ray/VRay/RenderMan etc.)

Old 05 May 2012   #30
interesting. so they can send 3dsmax on windows to a linux renderfarm that has vray?

Thread Closed share thread